December 05, 2020, 06:52:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sticky plastic  (Read 4652 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Sticky plastic
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 06:48:46 pm »
Good news for Minibrute owners. I finally replaced my sticky side panels for nice wooden panels.
A company called Ď2 many synthsí makes them.

http://2manysynths.nl/

They are very carefully made and look beautiful.

oh cool, thanks! Nice tip there :)

MaHe

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 10:14:14 am »
My Minibrute have the same sticky side panels and a little sticky knobs. The wooden side panels from the nethlerlands sellers are quite nice, but 99 Euro is too expensive for me - I just bought the whole Minibrute for a 130 bucks (nice deal  ;D)

I found this webpage - check it out: https://hackabrute.yusynth.net/MINIBRUTE/cheeks_en.html

geronimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 02:09:08 am »
I am also inspired by this link _

And a desktop version .

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:15:02 am by geronimo »
MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz Fireface 800 RME & LOGIC 9.1, D.P. 6.02 & Gibson ES 295 et Explorer Pro _ Viruc C & Alphatrack _
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HVX0HLsEc

locosynth

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 04:59:05 pm »
The rubber/vinyl can be removed easily with isopropyl alcohol and and a magic eraser (melamine sponge) and a cloth. This leaves the end plates looking like the MicroBrute which is just hard plastic and it looks fine. Pour 75%-95% isopropyl alcohol on the magic eraser and scrub. The alcohol breaks down the rubber. Then wipe away the alcohol and rubber mess with a dry micro fiber cloth. Repeat until itís all gone and even looking. It comes off easily.

Be aware the alcohol will turn the rubber parts sticky if they were not before, so if you start, you have to finish the job. It also works on knobs and buttons. The rubber layer is very thin. Just watch out for the small little plastic inserts on the slider caps. (The horizontal grey line)  They can fall out and you have to glue them back in if you care.

Donít pour the alcohol on the Brute directly. Although you can use it to clean electronics itís better to keep it controlled and neat.

Only do this if the parts are sticky. Otherwise you will make them sticky and have to do this process until completion.

As a final step, buff it with a dry microfiber cloth to make it nice and even.

This works because the alcohol breaks down the rubber and lubricates the magic eraser which acts as a fine abrasive and then the dry cloth wipes away the residue.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 05:12:07 pm »
The rubber/vinyl can be removed easily with isopropyl alcohol and and a magic eraser (melamine sponge) and a cloth
[...]
This works because the alcohol breaks down the rubber and lubricates the magic eraser which acts as a fine abrasive and then the dry cloth wipes away the residue.

Thank you, this is a very good tip!

I've had a similar issue with the old Propellerhead Balance audio interface which suffers from this same unfortunate issue and found accidentally just recently that this solution works and went on to remove all traces of this pestering rubber coating from it.

I have yet to do it on the MicroBrute, but I intended to try on it as well. Glad that someone else already proved that this works. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines