March 29, 2024, 12:16:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum sequencer uses after buying Drumbrute  (Read 2432 times)

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Drum sequencer uses after buying Drumbrute
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:11:49 pm »
Hello Arturia forum people.

I love my Beatstep Pro which is one of the reasons I am almost certainly buying a Drumbrute Impact very soon.

Trouble is I'm not really sure what to do with the drum sequencer section on my BSP as in theory I wont really need it for my main drums anymore. (I also have an AKAI XR20)
I understand I can use it to trigger samples but I would prefer to use it for another synth.
Is this possible??

Many supreme regards indeed.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:22:51 pm by CRGxxx »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Drum sequencer uses after buying Drumbrute
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:19 am »
Yup. You can tie the drum notes now, so you can create melodic sequences with proper gating, but you only have two octaves to work with if you use a simple chromatic drum map.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 02:14:44 pm »
Many thanks.

I will check that out.
I wonder if that will be enough for a  Streichfett for instance.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:45:18 am »
I haven't really tried it yet with anything other than triggering samples.  With the limited range, it's perfect for that.  It could be good for running the solo section of the Streichfett and a polyphonic sequencer running the chord section.  You can run chords to the polyphonic section using the drum sequencer, thinking about it, as the drum sequencer doesn't choke the last note played when a new note is triggered, then use Seq 1 or 2 to run the solo section to running the bassline or melody.
Oh yeah, it's worth mentioning also I've only run the drum sequencer using tied notes out of the drum-gate outs on the BSP so can't vouch for how well it runs over MIDI, but it imagine it'll work as I've not seen anyone complaining here that tied drum notes isn't working at all.  I might have to extract my BSP from the modular and have a try running MIDI to my Streichfett again.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines