April 26, 2024, 05:08:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sync problem with Pocket Operator PO-33.  (Read 4380 times)

Trond

• Apprentice
Sync problem with Pocket Operator PO-33.
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:03:27 am »
I have a Arturia Beatstep Pro with latest firmware installed and uses 2 PPQN sync output to accommodate the pocket operator. I send the sync output to the PO-33's sync input with a mono cable, and use sync mode 4 on the PO-33.

When I hit play, it start working, but then inexplicably lose sync and pauses for a fraction of a second, but not exactly on the same spot each time.

Have tried with different cables (trs and ts), and by sending the clock pulse through an Bastl Klik, but it still skips beats at random. The Klik shows a steady blinking clock pulse all the time.

Anybody that can help me with this?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:13:09 am by Trond »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Sync problem with Pocket Operator PO-33.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:32:32 am »
Try using sync mode SY2.  It's the mode suggested to use by TE when synchronising to an external clock source (in the PO-28 Robot manual, though all the PO's share the 6 sync modes).  I've had success in the past syncing my PO's to my keystep and BSP, but somehow they both are now hanging from hooks in my music room....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Trond

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:38:10 pm »
Thank you, I will try that.

Trond

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:07:17 am »
No, it did not work. PO33 syncs, but when I press play, PO33 advances on one, and then stop ...

Steve Turner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 10:55:27 pm »
You need a patch cable from a drum output, into the time input of your PO

Then set up a 2 step drum pattern with ON and OFF for the first and second steps

This will send ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF in a cycle to the PO and you will be fine.  I think it is SY2 on the PO from memory.

It is flawless this way, I couldn't get it working with the SYNC OUT at all.

Trond

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:06:25 pm »
You need a patch cable from a drum output, into the time input of your PO

Then set up a 2 step drum pattern with ON and OFF for the first and second steps

This will send ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF in a cycle to the PO and you will be fine.  I think it is SY2 on the PO from memory.

It is flawless this way, I couldn't get it working with the SYNC OUT at all.

Thank you, but by doing this, I have to sacrifice to pads for this, and that is not a good solution. Well, maybe i just have to live with this, and not usethe PO in my livesetup.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines