March 28, 2024, 06:39:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CLK MatrixBrute and DrumBrute impact  (Read 3873 times)

chris martin

• Apprentice
CLK MatrixBrute and DrumBrute impact
« on: October 31, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »
Hello, I am a debutant on the instruments I have a drumbrute impact and matrixbrute and I would like to understand the possibilities of synchronization for the tempo and the start between instruments ? I plugged the cables in a out clok between the two devices and I have no syncronized startup and tempo does not stay well together .. what should I do   thank you for help ::)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: CLK MatrixBrute and DrumBrute impact
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:09:46 am »
I'd try to run a MIDI cable from the DrumBrute (out) to the MatrixBrute (in), and then set up the DrumBrute as a sync master and the MatrixBrute as a sync slave (or the other way around). When using MIDI, the master should start and stop the slave as well as controlling the tempo.

See the MatrixBrute manual page 44 and DrumBrute Impact manual page 68 for details about setting up the sync modes. Read that first, and if you need some assistance with the setup, we're all here to help :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:11:36 am by DrJustice »

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:06:15 am »
hi,  ok I'm going to experiment these conections. Is there an arturia school to learn?

thanks for the help

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:30:31 pm »
can you also explain what is the clock function between the two devices? thank you ::)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 03:58:35 am »
I don't have a DrumBrute Impact, so I can't actually test this, but I'll try to make a checklist for syncing it and the MxB.

Let's tackle the scenario where the DrumBrute will be the master and the MatrixBrute will be the slave. Thus you should be able to use the transport and tempo on the BrumBrute to control booth devices. We'll use MIDI for the synchronization, since that's the only way to control start and stop

* Setting up the DrumBrute Impact up as a sync master, ref. manual page 68, section 8.1:
  • Press the SYNC button until INT is selected (internal sync)
  • Connect the MIDI out on the DrumBrute to the MIDI in on the MatrixBrute
* Setting up the MatrixBrute as a sync slave :
  • Connect the MatrixBute USB port to an USB port on your PC/Mac (this is just so that we can run
  • Start the MIDI Control Center software (MCC) (ref. manual page 49)
  • In the MCC, click the DEVICE tab
  • Set MIDI clock source to MIDI
  • On the MatrixBrute, in the sequencer section, push the MIDI Sync button so that it's lit (ref. manual page 43,44)
Now the MatrixBrute sequencer should follow the DrumBrute sequencer. You can also use the Sync buttons in the LFO and Effect sections if you want them to follow the tempo.

If you want to use the MatrixBrute as master an DrumBrute as slave instead, select MIDI as the sync source on the DrumBrute and switch off MIDI Sync on the MatrixBrute.

chris martin

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:48:49 pm »
thank you

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines