November 13, 2018, 01:51:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin V?  (Read 695 times)

holografique

Origin V?
« on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
I know this is probably unlikely to happen, but...

It would be awesome if Arturia considered creating a software only recreation of the Origin (Origin V?). I know that the software code used is NOT exactly the same as the software code used in the V packages (e.g. Jupiter-8, Obie TVS, Arp2600, etc. etc). But I'm making an assumption that it also wouldn't necessarily be "starting from scratch" to do something like this. And make it so that it can load all existing Origin preset data.

The entire concept of the Origin, having a modular to build custom patches using the various components of all the V package synths, and the amazing sequencer section (still one of the best in the industry) is still a fantastic platform in which to design sounds. The problem is the aging Origin hardware...

Thoughts? Comments?

DrJustice

• Lost in the matrix...
Re: Origin V?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 05:23:41 pm »
Personally I don't use softsynths much, so I'd rather want an Origin II in hardware. This time around with a more modern display (LED backlight and multi touch), endless pots instead of encoders, and perhaps something like a few fast multicore ARM CPUs for cool running with plenty power. I.e. a more low power and long life unit, where 'normal architecture' CPUs might ease porting of the huge library they now have of oscillators, filters etc.. Add a good number of CV IOs to that to make it more desirable in this age of digital/analogue interoperability.

Of course, this is unlikely to happen too... In the mean time I'm pretty happy with my Origin - some new encoders and a display upgrade could make it last into my old age...  :P

holografique

Re: Origin V?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:41:07 pm »
I don't use soft-synths much these days either. But seeing as it's very unlikely Arturia is ever to develop a hardware successor to Origin (too expensive and Arturia has chosen to go analog for their hardware products), and our aging Origin units are at risk on longevity, an Origin V would be the next best thing to being able to access the unique sound-design capabilities of the existing Origin engine.

It would also make for a great extension to the V Collection brand by marketing the ability to mix-n-match the various sound-engines of the V Collection products within the modular design of Origin. You simply make it available as part of the V Collection and it just becomes an extension of that product set allowing a different way to use the included vintage soft-synths.

Another way to think about it is: Origin V would be an evolution of the Analog Lab product...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines