March 29, 2024, 03:26:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Let down  (Read 6076 times)

emilshere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Let down
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:20:51 am »
The problem is that the origin simply doesn't sound as good as arturias software equivalents and the polyphony makes it impossible to program a complicated patch and be able to play anything greater than one or two notes at a time. When I play arturias software synths I get inspired and the sounds are big and warm. The origin seems to be lacking. How can this be? It's very disappointing.

Philippe

Re: Let down
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:28:27 am »
The problem is that the origin simply doesn't sound as good as arturias software equivalents and the polyphony makes it impossible to program a complicated patch and be able to play anything greater than one or two notes at a time. When I play arturias software synths I get inspired and the sounds are big and warm. The origin seems to be lacking. How can this be? It's very disappointing.

The polyphony is directly related to the complexity of the patch(es you are running. Using the MiniMg template in single mode, you can get a number of voices in between 12 to 16 depending on the settings. The 1st preset, P000, uses roughly twice as much CPU. So you divide the polyphony by 2.  If you want to build a polyphonic sound by layering 4 polyphonic sounds similar to P000, then you end up wit a polyphony of 2.

Concerning the quality of the sound, could you be more specific? What are you comparing to what?

Thx
Origin Lead  Developer

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »

Emil I feel your statements are completely false (all of them). I won't even dignify them with counter-arguments.

Worse, it's off-handed baseless negative statements from people like you that make it harder for incredible synths like Origin to survive. I'm pretty sure you have no idea how much blood sweat and tears went into making it.

emilshere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »
actually now that I learned how to program it and spent time with it I now understand how to get what I want out of it and it sounds great.

If Arturia really did stop development of the Origin, then I sincerely hope they can offer those of us who purchased one recently a way to get the new origin when it is released,  at a discount.

-Emil

sneakyalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:57:47 pm »
Always someone like you who wants something for nothing! You bought the Origin like the rest of us have! Why do some people have this over inflated sense of entitlement and a me me me me me me me attitude? The boo hoo I bought something once and because of that I am now entitled to have other stuff you make at a discount because you sold it to me when the sky was blue or some other entitled snowflake bullshit!
Annoying c#nts!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines