March 29, 2024, 03:34:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 49 not showing in MIDI control surfaces in Logic X 10.4.2  (Read 10662 times)

seejax

All,

My new Keylab 49 Essential is not showing up in Logic Pro X>Control Surfaces>Preferences>MIDI.  It also does not allow me to manually install it - clicking add does nothing.  What am I missing here?  Most all other controllers I have owned will just show up, immediately recognized.  I'm stumped, and have not found anything helpful on the almighty Google.  HELP!

Chris

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Hi,

Can you open the Audio Midi Setup App (on the "Show MIDI Studio" tab) and see if your KeyLab Essential is properly recognize ?

Regards,

Matthieu

LC

Re: Keylab Essential 49 not showing in MIDI control surfaces in Logic X 10.4.2
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:22:23 pm »
I was not able to use my KeyLab Essential 49 with Logic Pro X (Version 10.4.4) and MIDI Control Center (Version 1.7.5.812). In my setup Logic does not recognize my KeyLab Essential 49 during scans in Control Surface Setup. While KeyLab 49 is listed as a supported Control Surface, KeyLab Essential 49 is not. Apparently now everything is resolved (although I have not yet tested the Save, Punch and Undo buttons on the controller). The Transport buttons on the controller now seem to be functioning as intended after I followed these steps:

1) Install and/or update Arturia's MIDI Control Center
2) In MIDI Control Center, go to DEVICE SETTINGS (for me this appears in the upper right-hand corner of the window)
3) Choose HUI in the drop-down DAW Mode options
4) In Logic Pro X, go to Control Surface Setup in Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Setup...
5) Manually install Mackie Designs HUI
 a) Go to New > Install... (drop-down menu is in the upper left-hand corner of the Install window on my setup)
 b) Select (click) Mackie Designs / HUI / HUI from the list of devices
 c) Click Add (this button is in the lower left-hand corner of the Install window on my setup

It would be great if the Logic team and Arturia could work together to resolve this and get Logic to recognize the KeyLab Essential controllers. (Seems to my the onus is on Apple here, since I bet the Essential controllers have been big sellers since their release). The issue is mentioned here:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/arturia-keylab-essential

Anyway maybe this post will help someone else who has the same problem I did.
Cheers,
L

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab Essential 49 not showing in MIDI control surfaces in Logic X 10.4.2
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 08:35:07 pm »
Great tip 👍
Yeah Apple needs to update their list of automatically-recognised controllers.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

cassiofm

I just had a similar problem and only got it solved by going to Preferences and clicking on Control Surfaces, then going to the surface and selecting the appropriate output and input. See pic attached

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines