March 29, 2024, 01:47:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Song mode - chain scenes - play scenes consecutively  (Read 3707 times)

Systemexclusive

Song mode - chain scenes - play scenes consecutively
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:17:45 pm »
Dear Arturia

I am using the BSP slaved to Logic Pro and it works really well with my CV gear and Roland boutique drum machines, I prefer writing the sequences on the BSP rather than fiddling around on the boutiques.

One thing that’s puzzling me is why it is limited to 16 patterns in a chained sequence. Say I have a song in Logic that is 128 bars long and I’ve programmed 16 different drum patterns 4 bars long. It’s only possible to chain half the song and save that as a scene.

I’d have to save another scene of 16 chained patterns for the second half of the song and manually press scene 2 in control mode half way through the song.

Even if you could enable the scenes to play consecutively this would be a massive help.

Are there any plans for these features in future updates?

Cheers 🍻
System Exclusive

Michal-en

Re: Song mode - chain scenes - play scenes consecutively
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:37 pm »
I totally agree!!
Chaining scenes is the very logic step which is missing from my perspective at the moment.
It will be true Song mode.

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 05:00:36 am »
I totally agree!!
Chaining scenes is the very logic step which is missing from my perspective at the moment.
It will be true Song mode.
This is a feature that would be very nice inside MIDI Control...a matrix that allowed you to choose the #cycles for each program before stepping to the next program within a given project

Monotremata

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 06:36:59 pm »
Ill second that. Haven't started using chains yet myself, but that's because of this exact reason heh. Its just easier to do everything in Logic, the BeatStep Pro is kinda just acting as a fancy scratchpad and midi keyboard for me at the moment. Won't be able to really get into it until I can make a self contained song that goes along with the project Im working on in Logic.

djreisat

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 06:04:18 am »
This ranks at the top of my list for future updates, and would make an already incredible device that much better!  Here's hoping...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines