March 29, 2024, 01:39:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A couple of small V2 issues  (Read 2880 times)

john_young

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A couple of small V2 issues
« on: October 16, 2018, 05:53:23 am »
First, thank you for the V2 !!  Sampling and frame looping/tuning/etc made my day.  Much appreciation. While kicking it around over the last couple of days, I've come across a few little glitches...

First is an interface issue - in the Presets section where Banks are listed, the Bank items (I have 25) overflow the bounding box and there is no scroll - resulting in inaccessible items (image attached). Also noticed that the Bank items box is not collapsable (like the Types and Style sections above it). If it's any help - I was looking at the freestanding app on 2014 15" MacBook Pro running Mojave with the Sync app sized at 70%.

Second - I noticed that Samples do not seem to be affected by the Oversampling and Bit Depth settings. Seems they should be, right? I tried all kinds of setting combos between both the front interface and the FX setting page with no luck.   It would also be nice if the Sample Alias filter was adjustable but that's more of a wish.

While I'm wishing, it would be smart to allow import of .caf Sample files so Synclavier3 users could import their libraries directly. Same goes with importing Timbre files between Synclav platforms.

Lastly, it's so awesome that we have more Mod sources like the Envs and LFOs. Thanks ! Keep 'em coming !!!!  And destinations too !!!  One thing that needs tweaking is the range of the Mod. It doesn't seem to go very high on some items. Specifically - if you set an Env to modify Tuning (overall or frame tuning) - it only wobbles the pitch slightly (as if routed to fine tune versus a greater range). These multiple Sync envelopes are awesome for all kinds of things - just please give us the ability to jam each Mod up to 11. 

THANKS AGAIN !!  Can't wait to see how you guys and Cameron will top yourselves again.   

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: A couple of small V2 issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:51:33 am »

Hey John

First is an interface issue - in the Presets section where Banks are listed, the Bank items (I have 25) overflow the bounding box and there is no scroll - resulting in inaccessible items (image attached). Also noticed that the Bank items box is not collapsable (like the Types and Style sections above it). If it's any help - I was looking at the freestanding app on 2014 15" MacBook Pro running Mojave with the Sync app sized at 70%.

Thank you for the screenshot. Seems I have something similar on my computer, it is logged as a bug on our side and will be fixed.

Second - I noticed that Samples do not seem to be affected by the Oversampling and Bit Depth settings. Seems they should be, right? I tried all kinds of setting combos between both the front interface and the FX setting page with no luck.   It would also be nice if the Sample Alias filter was adjustable but that's more of a wish.

Both oversampling and bit depth were chosen not to affect samples. It may be added that in the future if we get the occasion to do so.

Lastly, it's so awesome that we have more Mod sources like the Envs and LFOs. Thanks ! Keep 'em coming !!!!  And destinations too !!!  One thing that needs tweaking is the range of the Mod. It doesn't seem to go very high on some items. Specifically - if you set an Env to modify Tuning (overall or frame tuning) - it only wobbles the pitch slightly (as if routed to fine tune versus a greater range).

The range of the Tuning modulation  destination is set by the pitch bend range found on the last tab, crank it up to the max and you'll be able to set up a proper pitch envelope :)

john_young

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: A couple of small V2 issues
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:35:49 pm »
Fantastic. Thanks Vic-tor !!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines