March 29, 2024, 01:50:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Purchase Synclavier by itself?  (Read 2207 times)

jackn2mpu

Purchase Synclavier by itself?
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:44:27 pm »
I'm not sure if it's possible to purchase the Synclavier V by itself; looks like so but the price is the same as the whole V Collection 5 update. There's no mention of any kind of discount if you already have other Arturia stuff (and yes I'm logged in to my account while checking this). Have no real need for the other stuff in VC5 except maybe for the Farfisa.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Purchase Synclavier by itself?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:15:13 pm »
Hi , If you only require certain synths in the V collection only download those ones. For the same price as the synclavier v it's a no brainer!

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jackn2mpu

Re: Purchase Synclavier by itself?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »
Hi , If you only require certain synths in the V collection only download those ones. For the same price as the synclavier v it's a no brainer!

regards

Terrym
It still shouldn't be the same price for just the one synth as it is for the whole collection. It's not a matter of what to download it's the expense of paying for something I'll never use (like the acoustic pianos, Rhodes and B3).

But you really haven't answered the question: will the Synclavier ever be offered for a price that's not the same as the whole collection? About the only way I can see that is when the VC5 upgrade goes full price and the Synclavier stays at $199.

Now if Arturia had truly given us from the get-go a whole Synclavier with the sampling/resynthesis modes instead of a partial piece of s/w then the price might be acceptable. Until that happens I'll stay clear of this 'upgrade'. And if it doesn't happen it'll be not only me but a whole bunch of others that will stay on the sidelines as to purchasing the VC5 'upgrade'.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines