March 29, 2024, 03:52:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Quantization percentage  (Read 1856 times)

dzny

• Apprentice
Quantization percentage
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:19:10 pm »
It would be great if there were a parameter which allowed you to apply or take away levels of quantization in either a single or multiple track(s).

So the off-time notes would be slowly pulled toward the grid as you adjust the parameter.  Similar to the Quantization percentage in DAWs.

For example, you record an entire groove with quantization on, then you'd be able to globally bring the quantization level down to "loosen" up the feel.

Conversely, you could record entirely without quantization on, then later increase the value to tighten up the feel.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:19:43 am by dzny »

BruteJack

• Apprentice
Re: Quantization percentage
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:22 pm »
One more voice to this thread, which should probably go in Free Speech

Do I really have a product that requires a computer, windows/mac, some software, for me to surrender private details to activate this software in order to toggle some settings?

I was not aware of that when I bought the product. This is not mentioned on the box.

The box does mention:

"Required minimum configuration (For MIDI Control Center application)", but that does not imply "Some settings are only accessible with software that requires ..." - very different.

Please remove these software dependancies.

I feel discriminated against because I don't have windows/mac, I feel tricked that I should have to hand over my private details to toggle some settings, and feel mislead that I wasn't told this before buying the product.

Could someone explain why this is the case?
If the answer is "to enhance customer experience", or "so you can get the most out of your product" or "we are doing what's best for our customers", then you are not listening.

I love my Microbrute and my Drumbrute Impact. Will this the worse as I go up the ladder to a Minibrute 2?

dzny

• Apprentice
Re: Quantization percentage
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:42:54 pm »
Curious for any official word on the possibility of quantize percentage being added at any point?
It's so time consuming to have to loosen up a quantized track (or tighten up a non-quantized track) by moving individual hits.  It would be great to have the option to just reduce the amount of quantization.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines