March 28, 2024, 11:48:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Samples and resynthesis has been added.  (Read 8008 times)

jackn2mpu

Re: Samples and resynthesis has been added.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 01:25:37 pm »
Hi all !

The "Sample'' category shown on this video is a category created when saving preset. He probably created it by saving some new presets inside to be faster in browsing new presets for the vidéo. When you do a "save as", you can enter new banks and after they appear in the list when you click on "ALL TYPES". And if you select a preset saved in this bank, you find the configuration like in the video.

However, I agree with you that we can do a special category with all the new presets inside, I'll report these request. ;)
Thanks for looking into this. The presenter really should have said what he did. If he did then we wouldn't have this back and forth. He makes it look like the Samples category is part of the program from the factory. There's a few seconds where there's a dissolve that makes it look like the video was edited to take out the steps he did - maybe that can be added back in somehow? Or have the video reshot. It's very misleading and even a couple of people on YouTube have wondered about this.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

aberdeentp

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 01:54:39 am »
here is the response I received from tech support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry for this inconvenience.
•   Unfortunately, this is clearly a mistake and this shouldn't have been displayed on the video as it was only made for the video recording purposes.

So at the moment, you won't find it on your side as on ours.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 02:13:10 am »
here is the response I received from tech support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry for this inconvenience.
•   Unfortunately, this is clearly a mistake and this shouldn't have been displayed on the video as it was only made for the video recording purposes.

So at the moment, you won't find it on your side as on ours.
Thanks for checking with tech support on this. They should reshoot or edit the video as it's clearly misleading. It's a right pain having to make up for a developer's errors. All told it took me a good 8 hours figuring this out and creating a 'samples' menu entry with all the entries. That and it aggravated the hell out of my carpal tunnel. Wonder if Arturia would pay my physical therapist bills?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

aberdeentp

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 05:53:26 pm »
since you did all the work, now you send it all over to Arturia so they can incorporate it in the next update, if that how these things work. Maybe they'll give you a free expansion pack for your troubles.  :P

jackn2mpu

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 06:47:35 pm »
since you did all the work, now you send it all over to Arturia so they can incorporate it in the next update, if that how these things work. Maybe they'll give you a free expansion pack for your troubles.  :P
Fat chance I'll send this to Arturia - it's all right here. Now a free upgrade to VCollection 6 would be nice - I think it's worth that much. I only did this for the user community.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines