March 19, 2024, 10:15:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Power Module Disposition  (Read 4443 times)

gian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Power Module Disposition
« on: October 12, 2018, 03:11:40 pm »
Hi,

Did someone ever use a longer cable in order to place the Arturias's power module at the opposite side of the case (actually a 6U) ?

What kind of socket is this ?

Thanks for your help

AudioFuse 8Pre, Beatstep Pro, iMini, iSEM & iProphet

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Power Module Disposition
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 02:31:20 am »
Looks like one of those 6 pin plugs used in computers to connect power to video cards.  The ones with the square and rounded socket thats acts as an orientation key.  Here's a better image:

EDIT : picture removed by admin Edit: Was it too big?

You should be able to find a extender cable easily and cheaply through a computer parts retailer.  Couple of [insert your currency unit here] max.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:48:28 pm by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

gian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Power Module Disposition
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 10:04:30 am »
Thanks  ;)

Also, on MF, someone told me about the 16 pins connectors i haven't noticed :

I don't know if it's a standard socket, but I moved the power module to the left of the bottom row using two standard 16 pin ribbon cables (the one you use for regular modules). You need to connect each one to any socket on each row, if you look at the end of the power module board you'll find the two sockets. I asked Arturia how to do it, and they told me this solution, it is 100% equivalent to using that big short cable, they say. You can remove that cable entirely.
AudioFuse 8Pre, Beatstep Pro, iMini, iSEM & iProphet

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines