March 28, 2024, 01:21:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to send MIDI-in to analog pitch/gate out?  (Read 1764 times)

carpetsquare

• Apprentice
Is it possible to send MIDI-in to analog pitch/gate out?
« on: April 21, 2019, 02:19:31 pm »
I am trying to use Ableton as a step sequencer for an Analog synth, by sending midi notes to the Keylab from a computer. Nothing is being sent to the analog synth other than when I physically press the Keylab keys with my hands (as in perform live. This works great, but it's not what I'm after). I have tried setting the Ableton live midi output to "Keylab mk11 61 (MIDI)" and also using the physical midi input on the Keylab (using a separate usb to midi device), but neither has any effect.

I'm sure that I have it connected properly and that the Keylab is receiving midi notes and that Ableton is sending midi notes.

Isn't the whole point of the cv/gate outputs to be able to control analog synths with a sequencer? Most analog synths already have a keyboard, so you don't gain much by using the Keylab keys instead. It's good for one's that only have a 2 octave keyboard, so you get a 5 octave keyboard instead, but that's where the fun ends.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing, is this a strange design limitation or might my unit be faulty? Has anyone got this working?

carpetsquare

• Apprentice
Re: Is it possible to send MIDI-in to analog pitch/gate out?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:25:00 am »
Does anyone from Arturia read this forum? I would love to get an answer (just yes or no would suffice) on this simple yes/no question.

winddealer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:12:22 am »
I believe Nick Batt also identified this as a potential feature request back in October 2018:

07:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKVDGNLWk4

KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

carpetsquare

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 05:36:12 am »
Thanks!

Quite disappointing though. This is quite a bizarre limitation. Hopefully this is high enough on Arturia's priority list.

nolongerhuman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
This is something that I found out only after I bought the Keylabmk2. This is totally fundamental functionality, especially with the Novation SLmk3 having no problem with this functionality, and it seems like Keylab is overdue for a firmware update. I hope this isn't another forgotten Arturia product.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines