March 29, 2024, 09:37:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synced LFOs  (Read 2383 times)

Lunatic Sound

Synced LFOs
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:47:32 am »
I apologize, if this has been discussed before, but I just need to ask one more time, as I just can't figure out, whats happening:

Can you guys sync the LFOs to the Sequencer and still have them operate normally? I thought, I had at least LFO2 working at on time, but now they both just restart with what I can only assume is every clock gate.

Any insights?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Synced LFOs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:18:17 pm »
It works here. Just make sure Retrig is off, and if the Gate and Release is short one might be fooled. There are other/some LFO sync bugs though, so all bets are off...

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:36:35 pm »
Hmm, I just found the source of evil, I guess. It happens, when the MB gets MIDI via USB and the MIDI Port at the same time.

In this setup, I also see some influence of the played notes on the LFO waves, even though they are set to Retrig Off.

Just for clarification, what release are you referring to?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 12:52:31 pm »
I'm on the latest firmware, 1.1.0.73.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:51:05 pm »
That was a misunderstanding,sorry.

I meant in your initial post, you stated that one might get fooled by a Release time, which is too short. I don't understand, which release time you mean, as I don't see, which Release time would influence the LFO, when not retriggering.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:25:21 pm »
Ah, it was me who misunderstood then :D

I was thinking about the amp envelope release and the sequencer gate, which might fool one for a sec (not actually affecting the LFO or sync), but of course you have that under control.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 08:41:17 pm »
I have to take back what I said, I do still sometimes run into this problem, and I just canīt figure out, why. I have experienced this problems with LFO1 and LFO2 now, when they are synced to the clock and running rather slow, they will retrigger with every beat of the clock...

Has anyone else seen this?

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 01:26:18 pm »
Sounds really annoying. Did you fix it? Could it be the sequencer clock resolution in the Control app? Or MIDI feedback?

endreola

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 04:01:19 pm »
Hmm, that issue reminds me of another issue where MB was behaving mysteriously.  The SEQ / Arp was running fine until a specific chord progression was played then certain notes just dropped off.  Thought it was possessed.

Turned out MB was processing a couple of overlapping CCs every 16 bars generated from an external sequencer.  A result from fat fingering the MB’s midi channel into that seq instead of a different sound module.  Was able to pin point the cause by using the Mac’s Midi Monitor which exposed the culprit.

Hope you figure it out soon. Can be very frustrating until resolved.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:46 pm »
Is it that the tempo was slower that the longest LFO cycle?

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 09:40:14 pm »
 Oh, hey, wow, I havenīt been here for a while. Nice of you folks to worry about this issue of mine :)

The crazy thing is, I have been experiencing it a lot lately. So I sat down to recreate it and post a complete setup description here to have some more of you fellow matrixters try it out, and ... guess what... It doesnīt happen...

So I am stumped. Well, it definitely, but I am not sure if exclusively, happened, when the LFO was in Seq-Sync Mode. The LFO didnīt complete its full cycle and restarted before. Retrig is set to off.

For your suggestions: The Sequencers tempo was in the usual musical ranges, not slower than one LFOs cycle.

The Sequencer clock resolution should not be the reason, as that deals with the sync input, which I am not using, just MIDI.

I was also suspecting MIDI Feedback, I still do, but I canīt pinpoint anything. I thought it was an issue of sending double MIDI through USB and MIDI cable, but that turned out not to be the culprit, as the problem persisted with just USB plugged in (at least sometimes).

There is no MIDI filter options in the MIDI Conrol Center to prevent loops from happening, right?

PS: I just found something! When the sequencer is running and being clocked by CuBase via USB, it sometimes loses the clock and stops playing at the end of CuBaseīs loop. At that moment, the LFOs also restart or hickup for a moment, even with Retrig set to off. I am on to sth here! The issue of the sequencer stopping is much worse than the LFO hickup, though  ::)

Ahhhhhhh, MatrixBrute. If you werenīt so much fun, I would have angrily thrown you out of the window by now...

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 04:51:15 pm »
Is there another CuBase 10 user here, who can check, if they have the same issue? A sequencer hickup when CuBase loops, meaning when the play bar jumps from the end of the loop section back to its beginning?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines