March 28, 2024, 02:01:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase patch scripts  (Read 4143 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Cubase patch scripts
« on: October 06, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »
To easily select MatrixBrute patches from the Track Inspector in Cubase, you can use the attached patch scripts.

Open the attached ZIP archive and copy the "Arturia" folder into this folder (varies slightly with the Cubase install drive and version):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive

Alternatively you can use the Start Menu to find the folder by selecting the following item:
Start Menu -> Steinberg Cubase XYZ -> Cubase Application Data Folder
Then browse to  scripts\Patchnames\inactive and copy the folder as detailed above.

You can now install the patch script as follows:
 - open the MIDI Device Manager
 - click "Install Device" and select MatrixBrute or MatrixBrute factory (the first uses the row/column names, the second uses the factory patch names)
 - select "MatrixBrute" (or the MIDI port it is connected to) in the "output" menu.

To use the patch script, select "MatrixBrute" or "MatrixBrute Factory" in the Track Inspector's Output Routing menu (select the entry in the upper part of the menu for the MIDI Device). You should now be able to browse the patches in the Program menu in the Track Inspector.

The attached patch script files can be edited to show your own patch names if you wish. You can have as many patch name files as you want, just use different file names and different names for the [device name] and [script name] fields.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:58:53 pm by DrJustice »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Cubase patch scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 04:57:23 pm »
Since I made a program to extract the factory patch names from the MatrixBrute Sound Design page, I can offer up a text file with some additional information per patch, such as macro knob setup, aftertouch and comments. The file is attached.

Neosynth

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:39:11 pm »
DrJustice, my most sincere congratulations, you have done what no one else has been able to achieve.

The truth is that I have no words to thank you for the interest and commitment to solve this problem that affects cubase users.

It really works!!!!! after all the time I've been worried about this, I've tried to solve it to you who has given with the solution!!!

The name of the patches? how is it installed? in the same directory?

Thank you very much!

Greetings Neosynth

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 10:01:26 pm »
Bump!

A new version of the patch scripts is uploaded to the first posting.

They have had the patch names changed from the format "Preset 1" to "Preset A 1" so that both the row and column can be seen at a glance in the track inspector.

Th filenames have changed too, using "MatrixBrute" instead of "MxB", so delete your old ones f you install this new version.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:05:09 pm by DrJustice »

robst247

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • RobSt247 on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 02:52:49 am »
Thy beneficence is inestimable.  ;D
Morpheus: "Nobody can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines