March 28, 2024, 07:03:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 16 pattern songs  (Read 3872 times)

Barriott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
16 pattern songs
« on: October 02, 2018, 03:54:36 pm »
I may be being dense here but is anyone else finding the 16 pattern on a song limiting?

I've just put together a 4 minute track at 80bpm and had to be creative with my patterns. Eg. I half speeded some patterns down to 40bpm so I could fit more into it at the expense of resolution.

If you use four of the bars available in the pattern then the maximum bars per song would be 64. Not that many really.

I wonder. Is there a way of chaining songs together?

BruteJack

• Apprentice
Re: 16 pattern songs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:18 pm »
One more voice to this thread, which should probably go in Free Speech

Do I really have a product that requires a computer, windows/mac, some software, for me to surrender private details to activate this software in order to toggle some settings?

I was not aware of that when I bought the product. This is not mentioned on the box.

The box does mention:

"Required minimum configuration (For MIDI Control Center application)", but that does not imply "Some settings are only accessible with software that requires ..." - very different.

Please remove these software dependancies.

I feel discriminated against because I don't have windows/mac, I feel tricked that I should have to hand over my private details to toggle some settings, and feel mislead that I wasn't told this before buying the product.

Can you enlighten me as to why you are doing this?

I love my Microbrute and my Drumbrute Impact. Will this get worse as I go up the ladder to a Microbrute 2?

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:38:27 am »
I too would like to know what all this nonsense with this control software dependency is about. Like, how about just putting hardware that works to the market, and releasing software updates purely in the form of SysEx files. You can still offer your own software then if you want to, maybe even make it a paid one, but please get all of your hardware synths out of the pointlessly limited state they are now in. One should at least be able to change the MIDI channels on the unit itself, and such, not just with some voodoo on an up to date computer.
Veganism rules.

pweitzel00

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 01:44:30 am »
Yeah, song mode is kinda weak on this device. I wish it was more like how chains work on the BSP with scene mode.

mr_karlos

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 01:49:22 am »
I wish to add my vote to this.
16 patterns in a song is far too few

silk_on_a_sunday

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:09:18 pm »
16 patterns is too few.

Either (1) allow more patterns in a song or (2) make it easier to chain songs by programming or on the fly

Implementation ideas for (1):
- Maybe the "<<" and ">>" buttons could control the pages of patterns in a song

Implementation idea for (2):
Make it easier to chain songs on the fly with a "Wait to load Song" option.  This would function like "Wait to load Pattern" (10.9.2.5 in the manual) but for Songs.
This would allow the next song to be queued up at the beginning of a performance.  Chaining 2 Songs is typically all I need and it is a challenge to remember to queue the next Song during the last Pattern of the song while I am playing other instruments and just want the drums to do their thing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines