April 18, 2024, 07:00:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum tie-note - how to extend to 64 steps.  (Read 1310 times)

Trond

• Apprentice
Drum tie-note - how to extend to 64 steps.
« on: September 28, 2018, 10:54:45 am »
I am using a Bastl Microgranny with my Beatstep Pro, and now I use it together with my Volca Beats as a part of my drum sequencer (10 pads for Volca Beats, and 6 pads for Microgranny with the pads set to send on midichannel 3).

I want to use the Microgranny to play back some long drone and chord samples, but how to I extend the notes to be 64 steps long? When I try to extend patterns now, the sample start from the first of the 16 notes, and does not continue over from the 16 steps in the pattern before.

What to do?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Drum tie-note - how to extend to 64 steps.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:16:32 am »
I am using a Bastl Microgranny with my Beatstep Pro, and now I use it together with my Volca Beats as a part of my drum sequencer (10 pads for Volca Beats, and 6 pads for Microgranny with the pads set to send on midichannel 3).

I want to use the Microgranny to play back some long drone and chord samples, but how to I extend the notes to be 64 steps long? When I try to extend patterns now, the sample start from the first of the 16 notes, and does not continue over from the 16 steps in the pattern before.

What to do?

Use hold on the Microgranny 2 and don't loop?  Only problem there is Microgranny won't hold if triggered by MIDI (weird).
Or program a 16 note tie for the first bank then go to step 16 and change the gate length to tie.  Now copy that bank to the next three.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines