March 28, 2024, 06:10:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to map two midi codes to the same parameter?  (Read 1611 times)

Aimbit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is it possible to map two midi codes to the same parameter?
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:50:00 am »
I am trying to build a midi controller for the Prophet V. I want to use the same LED buttons that the original used.  However, I am under the impression that you can't read the status of the VST's parameters, thus switching patches will not switch the lights appropriately.

My only other thought was if I could program the button to send an alternating midi message, one for turn on, one for turn off.  That way I could sync the light with the button on/off at the very least.  Changing patches wouldn't update the lights appropriately, but one or two clicks on the buttons will sync it.

Hope that makes sense.

LBH

Re: Is it possible to map two midi codes to the same parameter?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:53:58 am »
I am trying to build a midi controller for the Prophet V. I want to use the same LED buttons that the original used.  However, I am under the impression that you can't read the status of the VST's parameters, thus switching patches will not switch the lights appropriately.

My only other thought was if I could program the button to send an alternating midi message, one for turn on, one for turn off.  That way I could sync the light with the button on/off at the very least.  Changing patches wouldn't update the lights appropriately, but one or two clicks on the buttons will sync it.

Hope that makes sense.
The LEDs on the originals program select buttons does move, when you use the original factory presets, that's among all the presets in Arturias preset browser.
You have many more presets avaible in Arturias preset browser, and the selected preset is allways highlighted in the preset browser. And the name of the selected preset is allways to be seen in the top panel. But the LEDs on those buttons will tell you nothing regarding presets, where the LEDs does'nt work allready - including following the selected original factory preset.

The program select buttons with the LEDs can't be assigned a hardware control. If they could, then you  would select the original factory presets with your control, because they do work like they do. The LED on a button is not independent from the button.
Also you can't change the preset for those buttons. But that could make sense if everything worked, and give a meaning in being able in assigning a hardware controller to all the sections buttons.

It would be logical if all the program select buttons LEDs and the preset number display was off, when no original preset was in use. But it's nothing we users can do anything about.

I hope this has covered any meaning you had with your idea.

Aimbit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:49:16 am »
I am not sure exactly what you said :)

But I will rephrase my question just in case.

I need to know if its possible to sync a hardware button/LED to what is shown in the VST.  If I change parameters, the light on my hardware changes as well. 

If that is not directly possible, is there a workaround to make it work?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »
I believe i have answred that question allready.

I guess the short answer is - no  it's not possible. I think Arturia need to be involved, and i don't think they will.

But i just don't see why that's matter as long as the buttons work as they does, and have tried to explain this in my first reply.

Do you have Prophet V3?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:17:16 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines