April 19, 2024, 05:55:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ipad pro 12.9” won’t charge while plugged in (camera connection kit + usb-c)  (Read 2328 times)

willhindson

• Apprentice
I’m having issues with the audiofuse draining all the power from my ipad pro 12.9” second gen.

It’s connected through the usb-3 camera connection kit which has a lightning power through coming from an 87W apple usb-c adapter. Usually this fast charges the ipad quickly, but even when the audiofuse is powered by the wall adapter it will quickly drain the power from the ipad.

Any ideas?
Thanks

PS: still waiting patiently for the promised iOS editor :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:30:41 pm by willhindson »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Hi willhindson,
you're reffering to this adapter, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MK0W2AM-Lightning-Camera-Adapter/dp/B01F7KJDIM

don't have such device at the office , i only have the standard lightning camera connection kit.
I assume you're using the AudioFuse in full power mode(PSU + USB connection). Then i would kike to know that if you change AudioFuse power mode (green , mixdown, mixdown green), does it save the Ipad power in a better way?
as a reminder :
On green mode, you'll have access to all AudioFuse features, but max level for I/O will be +18dB (instead of +24dB when in full power)
On mixdown, you'll have access to outputs only, with max level  of +24dB (and +18dB in mixdown green)

you can set the power mode in AudioFuse control center settings . "Auto" will equal to full power mode when connected with PSU+USB, or will equal to green mode if connected with USB only.

if you don't wan't to use AudioFuse control center , we've got a special trick for this!
while powering up the unit hold some buttons this way :

auto : hold phone 1 "mono" button while powering
green : hold phone 1 "cue" while powering
mixdown : hold "talkback" while powering
mixdown green : hold phone 2 while powering.

Hope this helps
best regards,

symo

So i’ve Got a shiny 11” iPad Pro with the usb c port.
I bought the AudioFuse to connect via a USB-C hub.  Plugged it in and used the micro usb cable supplied and errr nothing.  Anyone else similar problems?
(Here is my hub
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FVSV4ZY/ref=asc_df_B07FVSV4ZY58395103/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07FVSV4ZY&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309981988222&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2090963746739057565&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045749&hvtargid=pla-562656996851

HomerChill

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I use a satechi usb hub with my 3rd gen 12.9 iPad Pro. No issues recording into Auria pro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines