April 19, 2024, 06:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Only one bit of software outputting Audio at any one time (win10 Pro)  (Read 1453 times)

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
Hi, any advice please, this is not a problem just related to Arturia.

As I had Arturia nV6  and Omnisphere2 coming, I decided it was a good time to rebuild my PC.

It all seemed to go fine.

I have a Safire Pro 24, I have the config that works fine saved  (ie using the same config on the windows rebuild).

This is how all the instruments are set.

Windows sound  is set to Mon1 and Mon2
Standalone VSTs/Omnisphere are set to Line 3/4.
Reaper is set to line 5/6

What used to happen is, I could play with a standalone VST, at the same time say watch a tutorial on YouTube, the YouTube coming out of mon1 and mon2, the VST coming out on line 3 and 4 of the saffire Pro mixer and happily hear them both at once.

Now, if I start a youtube vid, I hear the sound playing, but as soon as I start a standalone VST, the YouTube stops playing (well actually it goes to my headphones). When I close the VST the youtube is still playing out of my headphones. If I close the YouTube page and restart it, it then comes out of the speakers, until I start another VST etc.

Driving me nuts.

I've tried unticking " Allow Applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" under speaker properties, but made zero difference.

The speakers are also set as the default device

Can someone put me out of my misery please?

Win10 pro, saffire Pro 24.

Ojustaboo

LBH

Re: Only one bit of software outputting Audio at any one time (win10 Pro)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 10:42:10 pm »
This can be about different set ups.

Can you please post a screenshot of both a Arturia standalone application audio setup, and your Windows audio setup?

It can also be about how to use your soundcard correctly - like routings, connections.
It look like you can hear mutiple soundsources at the same time from the same soundcard (one thru the headphones), and thus it look like your driver and your OS can handle this, but i'm not sure.

Some questions you can check is - are all soundsources being routed to the same output and using the same soundcard driver? That is if you wish to hear them all thru the same speakers or headphones at the same time. You do not make clear what is inputs and outputs, so i can't tell for sure.

But i don't know about your soundcard. So about that i suggest you post somewhere they know about your soundcard. I don't know if there is a focusrite forum.

I presume you use the same OS as before, and that it's correct, that you have had your soundcard working with multiple applications using it at the same time before.

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »
Many thanks.

Turned on PC today and had a disk error on one of my drives.

Replaced that, now I'm doing yet another re-install, once I've got there, I'll do as you requested.

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 11:41:01 pm »
Hmm, oddly enough, after doing another install, it's all working 100% perfectly. Don't know what I did first time around.

Only annoying thing is I have a fairly small SSD for the C drive and bought a new 480GB SSD for all my music software and content.

I purposely didn't select silent install and changed every install path to my new SSD, have both VST64 directory on there and "Program Files(x86)" etc.

So it's slightly annoying it still put 7 GB into my Programdata directory on my C drive.

That aside, I'm really really happy I've finally bought this software

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines