March 29, 2024, 11:55:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Screen printing for encoders is wrong  (Read 3151 times)

Italophile

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Screen printing for encoders is wrong
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:03:00 pm »
Arturia has really dropped the ball here. The screen printing on the front panel for the encoders has the LFO Rate and LFO Amt against the wrong encoder.
On the Keylab Essential, which the mk2 is apparently based on, the third and fourth encoders are "LFO Rate / Pan 3" and "LFO Amt / Pan 4".
On the Keylab mk2 the same encoders are "LFO Amt / Pan 3" and "LFO Rate / Pan 4".
How did something so obvious get past both quality control and the testers?
As this mainly affects the integration with Analog Lab perhaps the simplest fix would be for Analog Lab to switch the assignments when being controlled by a Keylab mkII.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Screen printing for encoders is wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:58:43 pm »
HI, Your right  i have a test model and the screen print the same. We where told in testing that the screen print would change from the production model but it looks like it was missed.
To be fare i have a few labels that are wrong on mine but i don't look at the label but more the screen with Al3. Or my DAW.

Nice one ill post it on the test forum too.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:34:00 pm »
Hi this will be fixed in a future update for the  mk2 and al3.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Italophile

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »
Hi this will be fixed in a future update for the  mk2 and al3.

Terrym

Thanks for the update.

Are the pads numbered correctly? Logic would suggest that in Pad mode the lowest note would be assigned to Pad 1 and the highest to Pad 16. However, the lowest note is on Pad 13 with the highest note on Pad 4, which doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: Just checked the manual for the Keylab Essential and its pads have the lowest note assigned to Pad 1. So I guess this another mistake on Arturia's part. Was this issue also picked up in testing?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:42:17 pm by Italophile »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:22:32 am »
Hi Italophile,
regarding the encoders issue, you're totally right, and as TerryM said, we'll consider this one on a future update. Unfortunately,at the time of writing, i can't tell when it will be released.

About the pads, yes, the logic would be to have the lowest note on pad 1 and the highest on pad 16. But during development, we had to consider that in the case of finger drumming, like you would do on an MPC or other similar devices, the kick pad is located on bottom left part (pad 13 on the keylab mkii). As it was an issue for many people, and as the pads rows were already manufactured, we had no choice but inverting this logic, in order to respect "finger drumming convention"

Hope this is clearer for you then.
Thanks,
best regards,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines