March 19, 2024, 07:02:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2  (Read 11230 times)

synthuser3000

midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:29:28 am »
Hello,

I purchased a korg nanokontrol2 to use the knobs and sliders in analoglab 3.  The knobs are easily assignable using midi control setup (click the midi button in the GUI, click the GUI knob, then click the physical knob on the controller), but I can't make the sliders work.  The sliders can be assigned as knobs on the nanokontrol.

Any ideas how to fix this?

LBH

Re: midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:35:15 pm »
Hi an welcome to Arturia forums.

The knobs are easily assignable using midi control setup (click the midi button in the GUI, click the GUI knob, then click the physical knob on the controller), but I can't make the sliders work.  The sliders can be assigned as knobs on the nanokontrol.
Are you saying, that you can't get your nanokontrol 2 sliders to control anything in Analog Lab 3s (AL3) own GUI? But you can get your nanokontrol 2 knobs to work for everything in AL3?

Are you using AL3 as a standalone or as a plugin? Have you selected your nanokontrol 2 as controller in AL3s Audio (and MIDI) settings?

Which MIDI CC numbers do you use? You should be able to easyli assing to any of ALs knobs and sliders when AL3 is in MIDI learn mode, if you use MIDI CCs, that's not reserved. Please refer to the AL3 manual.

Do you have the same issues, when you try to control other applications than AL3?

It might help, if you make a step by step list, of what you excactly are doing. Screenshots might also help.

I don't know anything about nanoKontrol 2, but i assume it work like a normal controller for both knobs and sliders.

apricate

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:33 am »
Did you figure it out? You have to use Korg Kontrol Editor to reassign the sliders to different CC numbers. I used CC numbers in the 70s for my sliders.

danielanez

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 04:23:58 am »
Hello! I saw this question, to which I'm also looking for the answer,  but it has not yet been answered.

I'm also looking to control all of the V Collection with my Arturia KeyStep and my Korg NanoKontrol2. I have changed several times in my life the CC numbers on the NanoKontrol. I did a reset of the NanoKontrol, but the preset CC assignment doesn't make any of the functions in the C80 synth move.

And I know I could used Midi Learn to assign any parameters I want to any of the parameters in the synth. The problem is that if I want to explore the whole V Collection, I'd have to do that for every synth in the collection.

So the question is: what is the preset arrangement for an Arturia KeyLab? That way, I'll program my NanoKontrol in a similar way, and I'm guessing the presets in the Arturia V Collections synth must all assign the filter cutoff, let's say, to the same Midi CC.... ?

I'm looking at the KeyLab manual, but the factory CC assignment doesn't appear to be there. I notice that Filter Cutoff is CC 74, and Resonance is CC71 (at least they coincide in CS80 and in Analog Lab). What about the rest?

thanks!

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 04:58:05 pm »
Hi danielanez and welcome to Arturia forums.

If you download Midi Control Center, then you can see how Arturia have mapped all their controllers. You can't see the controllers map, but the map you can see i think is the same.

It may be a good idea to map like that even if it's not a must, as all Arturias applications has some controls, that is pre mapped in that direction.
However you will still have to midi learn your nano control in Analog Lab as it's not a Arturia controller. You are using the setting Generic MIDI controller, and that has'nt any midi cc assigned by default, if i remember corectly. (Keep in mind, that a user can change the parameters used for a control in Analog Lab, so its not like the current parameter that currently control cutoff has to control cutoff.)
The other applications have some controls mapped allready, that match generel midi cc chart, so in example cutoff and resonance is pre mapped to the generel midi chart midi cc like the midi cc's you mention for cutoff and resonance.

Much of this is about what best for you to do.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines