July 17, 2019, 06:18:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2  (Read 469 times)

synthuser3000

midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:29:28 am »
Hello,

I purchased a korg nanokontrol2 to use the knobs and sliders in analoglab 3.  The knobs are easily assignable using midi control setup (click the midi button in the GUI, click the GUI knob, then click the physical knob on the controller), but I can't make the sliders work.  The sliders can be assigned as knobs on the nanokontrol.

Any ideas how to fix this?

LBH

Re: midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:35:15 pm »
Hi an welcome to Arturia forums.

The knobs are easily assignable using midi control setup (click the midi button in the GUI, click the GUI knob, then click the physical knob on the controller), but I can't make the sliders work.  The sliders can be assigned as knobs on the nanokontrol.
Are you saying, that you can't get your nanokontrol 2 sliders to control anything in Analog Lab 3s (AL3) own GUI? But you can get your nanokontrol 2 knobs to work for everything in AL3?

Are you using AL3 as a standalone or as a plugin? Have you selected your nanokontrol 2 as controller in AL3s Audio (and MIDI) settings?

Which MIDI CC numbers do you use? You should be able to easyli assing to any of ALs knobs and sliders when AL3 is in MIDI learn mode, if you use MIDI CCs, that's not reserved. Please refer to the AL3 manual.

Do you have the same issues, when you try to control other applications than AL3?

It might help, if you make a step by step list, of what you excactly are doing. Screenshots might also help.

I don't know anything about nanoKontrol 2, but i assume it work like a normal controller for both knobs and sliders.

apricate

Re: midi assignment - Korg nanokontrol2
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:33 am »
Did you figure it out? You have to use Korg Kontrol Editor to reassign the sliders to different CC numbers. I used CC numbers in the 70s for my sliders.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines