March 28, 2024, 11:15:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Inconsistent MIDI response with Analog Lab 3 as VST3  (Read 2177 times)

LarryKent

• Apprentice
Inconsistent MIDI response with Analog Lab 3 as VST3
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:49:36 pm »
Some of the instruments seem to work all of the time via MIDI keyboard, but some do not respond.  The onscreen keyboard will produce sounds consistently.

For the instrument presets that do not produce sound, one of the Reaper meters does respond, so something is getting to the DAW, but no sound results.

Any ideas?

I'm running Reaper 5.95 on Windows 10

Thanks. LK

LBH

Re: Inconsistent MIDI response with Analog Lab 3 as VST3
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:30:54 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Can you name a few factory presets that does not respond, so it can be tested? This is very important. The presets should respond the way they are made to respond.
Is it allways the same presets that does'nt respond? Does the same preset never respond or does it respond sometimes?

Which Reaper meter respond? The MIDI input?

Is the on screen keyboard the keyboard on Analog Lab 3?

Are you having the same problem with other VSTs - both VST 2 and 3?

There are simply not enough info to be certain about what the problem is. With the current availble info, this could just as well be a Reaper or a Midi controller issue or something else. If you answer the above questions and name some factory presets, then we might get closer to find out what's going on. 

LarryKent

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply, and the questions.  Here are some answers.

I can't get any of the B3 sounds to play.  For the Vox group, the 96 Beers preset works as it should.  I can't find another one in that group that does.  All of the piano presets seem to work okay.

In the Reaper mixer, when sound is being heard, the yellow bars move up and down normally. When no sound is coming out, a narrow red bar moves up and down (right channel only, apparently).

The "onscreen keyboard" is the one that appears in Arturia.  Those keys (clicked with a mouse) produce sound as expected.  When I use my MIDI controller, those keys also look like they are being played, but no sound is produced.

Thanks again for any and all help.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »
Which MIDI channel are you using/ transmitting on?
Are you having this issues when you use MIDI channel 1? If so, then also try to transpose your keyboard, as it might be out of the range for the organs to work.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:11:42 pm by LBH »

LarryKent

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of MIDI channels, etc.  The problem is solved.  The solution was not exactly what you suggested trying, but it reminded me that I had done some transposition with the controller a couple of weeks ago, and apparently something was still set that way....anyway, when I entered "Advanced" mode on my MIDI controller, it reset whatever had been wrong and now all of the sounds seem to be functioning as expected.

Thanks very much for your help and suggestions!

Best wishes,
LK

LBH

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 12:11:51 am »
Good it works.

Best

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines