March 19, 2024, 03:45:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wavetables/Transwaves?  (Read 4507 times)

calaverasgrande

Wavetables/Transwaves?
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:58:05 am »
The CMI reminds me of a few other synths. Like the PPG 2.2 and Korg DW8000. It would be interesting to play with wavetables from those synths. But it seems the loop function doesnt quite go that small?

LBH

Re: Wavetables/Transwaves?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:00:44 pm »
Hi

CMI V have the Spectral Synth mode, that offers some possibilities to create waveforms.

What would you like to be able to do with your waveforms in CMI V? Why is your suggestion for CMI V? CMI V have limited soundshaping parameters. It's not a synth as such.

I have for example suggested Arturia to create an emulation of Ensoniq Fizmo that use transwaves synthesis. That would be a real synth using transwave synthesis. Would'nt that be better?
After all a synth sound is about more than waveforms.

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 03:28:40 am »
Yeah They should create a synth like the Kawai K 5000 or K5 or K3 with dw8000 envelopes.  Those are difficult synths to program.  Well K3 isn't but how popular would that really be? 

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 04:28:07 pm »
While interesting, the real CMI didn't have wavetable capability. Arturia has already extended the capabilities in CMI V, but personally I think adding wavetables would be going too far.
Part of the point of emulating real world equipment is experiencing their real world limitations. Just my two cents. :D
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines