April 18, 2024, 07:42:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Analog Lab or Arturia Synth?  (Read 4238 times)

Michaeljones

• Apprentice
Arturia Analog Lab or Arturia Synth?
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:07:55 pm »
There is a sale atm for Arturia products. I was looking at them and it looks like the Arturia Lab would be the best for my needs (casual, hobby in free time music making) but I'm struggling with understanding what's the difference between the Lab and for example Mini V? How limited is the Lab vs the synth vst?

The description reads that I have access to thousands of presets from a selection of synths. How is that different from getting the synth instead? Also, why would I get the synth if I can get the Lab with more synths in it?

Apologies if the question is stupid but I just can't figure it out. I would love for someone to clarify it for me.

Also, any recommendation if I would to go and by just synth instead of Lab?

(Edit: spam removed - Admin)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 08:33:03 pm by DrJustice »

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Arturia Analog Lab or Arturia Synth?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:20:19 pm »
Hi,

First I moved your post to the accurate sestion (you posted it on the AudioFuse category).

Analob Lab gather every presets of every instruments of the V Collection 6 in a single player, with a significant amount of control for each of them.

The differences betweens Analog Lab and individual instruments is that inside Analog Lab you do not have access to the interface and to every parameters of the instrument, you can tweak the sound only with the controls that are available inside Analog Lab's GUI (for most synths you have have access to filters and envelopes).

If you are more willing to use presets to make music rather that start patch from scratch and make sound desgn, Analob Lab is a very good starting point.

You can also try it yourself as there is demo for all the collection. Simply download what you want to try here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

I hope this answer your question.

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:22:26 pm by Matt Arturia »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:27:50 pm »
Here's the difference.

Each of Arturia's virtual synths come with a selection of presets to get you started. Mind you, when I say 'get you started'', there are hundreds of presets with each synth, and I can imagine some people just use the presets and never actually delve into making their own sounds. Across all the V Collection instruments, there are over 6,000 presets in total.

When you buy the actual synth, you get its presets but obviously you can adjust all the controls on the synth and make whatever new sound you like.

Analog Lab technically incorporates all the synths from V Collection 6, but you can only access the presets (the same 6,000+ which come with the individual instruments). You can't get 'behind the scenes' in the same way and program the synth itself unless you have also bought the full instrument. You can tweak some controls on the synths via mapped knobs and sliders (called macros) on the Analog Lab front interface, and you can save these new sounds as your own presets, but it's nowhere near as versatile as having the actual synth.

A benefit Analog Lab has over using the synths individually is the ability to combine presets from two synths together, so you could for example be playing a preset from the CS80V and the Prophet V together, or have them spit across the keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:29:44 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:28:36 pm »
Whoops already a reply while I was typing
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 01:46:54 pm »
You added relevant informations so thank you ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines