March 29, 2024, 08:26:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Place the Panic Button at the top Bar not the bottom.  (Read 2794 times)

avviano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Place the Panic Button at the top Bar not the bottom.
« on: September 06, 2018, 11:10:09 pm »
Many users like me have their Windows task bar at the bottom set to "auto-hide". Then, everytime I press the panic button in Analog Lab 3 (which on the Buchla synth is used frequently), the window task bar pops up and gets in the way. Something so essential hidden at the bottom also makes no sense: For users new to AL§, finding the panic button hidden away on the bottom bar can be frustrating. Its also strange to mix INFO with ACTION. Have the bottom dedicated to Information and the top menu / task bar for Action items & buttons. But both in one line is confusing and counter intuitive. :-[ AL3 has so much real estate left at the top menu bar, why not use it?   

gphantom

Re: Place the Panic Button at the top Bar not the bottom.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:24:10 am »
My solution is simple.  My windows task bar is placed on the right side of the screen.  It takes a few days to get used to it but, once you do, you won't go back to the task bar on the bottom.... Or maybe you will.
Ive tried having it on the top (Forget it) and the left side (Too many problems when moving your mouse there) but, the right side is a good place most of the time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines