April 26, 2024, 08:06:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Have sequencer track 3 & 4 run separately from 1 & 2  (Read 2293 times)

Malcolm Jeffery

• Apprentice
Have sequencer track 3 & 4 run separately from 1 & 2
« on: September 05, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »
Just cant get this to work, I program a seq in the main 1 & 2 tracks no problem, then I Set track 3 velo, to pitch and its already playing without any pads activated  a singular note pattern as the main tracks 1 & 2, no pitch info just timing, I can activate pads and tune them but inbetween activated pads it then just triggers last note played until a new activated pad is played.? Iam going mad trying to figure this out, just factory reset it and now its lost all patterns!.

Thanks

Malk

MrWizdelz

• Apprentice
Re: Have sequencer track 3 & 4 run separately from 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:44 pm »
What are you trying to control with track 3 (where is it patched to)?

Malcolm Jeffery

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:55 am »
Osc 2 pitch, it's weird once patched osc 2 only makes sound if track 1 has note info in it, then it triggers not only them notes but all the other steps as well, if a bit quieter than the active notes in track one, and yes track 3 is set to pitch

MrWizdelz

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »
So this is a monophonic synth. Even though it has multiple oscillators (and noise, etc), they all still share most of the other components by default (envelopes, filters, amp). So when track 2 gates trigger to open those components, the sound of both oscillators/sequences goes through. To get greater independence, you have to decouple the envelopes and amp from the oscillators. You can see different approaches in this video from Loopop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iv5VQTphEc

But I think that functionality really works best when you have other CV enabled gear that you can drive from the Minibrute's sequencer. It was probably designed mostly with that in mind.

Malcolm Jeffery

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:04:01 pm »
Yeah but track 3 and 4 are assignable arnt they?gets a drum pattern and a bass,all without external help. I thought mod 1 out set to pitch plugged into osc pitch 2 would do this, I see what your saying and iam coming to the conclusion, that some people are in fact triggering all notes but using envelopes, whether in the seq or onboard to cut out notes, thus giving the effect of different notes doing different things with different osc, I think iam over the initial its broken thing because it isnt and just using it now, such good fun and sounds great, proper techno trance electronic music beast of a machine.
Malk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKC2ecYzLQ

MrWizdelz

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 06:18:06 pm »
Reproduce the patching from that video, starting at 6:46. Then instead of using a separate keyboard to control OSC2, like he does, patch Mod1 (pitch) to OSC2 and Mod2 (gate) to AD Trig. And there you go. Of course you will lose the filter for OSC2. But now you can have 2 completely independent lines playing from within the 2S. Set them to different lengths and space out to some poly-rhythmic madness.

Yeah, it's a fun machine.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines