March 29, 2024, 12:40:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark2: KF1 output of pad module in modular  (Read 2052 times)

stix

• Apprentice
Spark2: KF1 output of pad module in modular
« on: September 04, 2018, 09:38:51 pm »
I read the manual, searched the web & forums, watched the youtube vids closely, but couldn't figure this one out:

what is the purpose of the KF1 output of the pad module in modular? What does it do and how would you use it?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Spark2: KF1 output of pad module in modular
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:56:45 pm »
I had to load up Spark 2 and dig around quite a bit before I figured out what you're talking about.
I'm guessing you're talking about the K Frequency.
I'm honestly not sure what the "K" stands for there, and all on its own it really doesn't do anything.
However, if you go to the Main page, then assign the three knobs for that instrument (In the CDM view) to K Freq, K Damp, and K Noise, then play around with those three knobs, you'll get an idea what they do. They're all inter-related.
Hope that helps.  :)
This space left intentionally blank.

stix

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »
not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the KF1 output of the pad module as seen in this youtube video:
https://youtu.be/qc6rZvoTKWk?t=4m13s

Is that what you mean as well?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:15:42 pm »
not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the KF1 output of the pad module as seen in this youtube video:
https://youtu.be/qc6rZvoTKWk?t=4m13s

Is that what you mean as well?
OH! Okay, that. I honestly hadn't ever noticed that before LOL
Just messin with it a little here ..... what it does is pitch shift. You can stick a CV Modulator module between it and whatever you connect it to to have more control.
I have no idea what "KF" stands for, but I'm guessing the "F" stands for frequency. I wonder if it responds to pad velocity. ... hmm

EDIT: Nope. Pad velocity has nothing to do with it. ... I messed with routing it to various places, and BOY can it have some very cool and interesting effects!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Like I said, I'd never really noticed or used it before.
I'm pretty sure it's related to the "K Freq," "K Damp," and "K Noise" parameters tho. Somehow. I'm just not sure how.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:39:36 pm by artao »

stix

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 09:29:21 pm »
thanks artao for pointing me in the right direction. After some experimenting with frequencies I found out what KF1 does:
It outputs a frequency depending on which pad the sound is loaded onto. In other words: The main screen has 16 pads to load sounds onto. If you'd create a sound in the modular page using the KF1 output (e.g. KF1 output connected to an oscillator) and you'd copy over that sound to all 16 pads, the sound would change pitch depending on which pad you hit. Like a proper synth/keyboard.

hope this will give even more control to all spark users!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:16:56 pm »
thanks artao for pointing me in the right direction. After some experimenting with frequencies I found out what KF1 does:
It outputs a frequency depending on which pad the sound is loaded onto. In other words: The main screen has 16 pads to load sounds onto. If you'd create a sound in the modular page using the KF1 output (e.g. KF1 output connected to an oscillator) and you'd copy over that sound to all 16 pads, the sound would change pitch depending on which pad you hit. Like a proper synth/keyboard.

hope this will give even more control to all spark users!
WHOA! :O
Okay, that's pretty neato. Good on ya for figuring that out. I'll have to try it :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines