March 28, 2024, 11:35:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARTURIA KILLS "EXTERNAL AUDIO" ind MODULAR V! Bad move, Arturia...  (Read 3341 times)

jduesenb

• Apprentice
ARTURIA KILLS "EXTERNAL AUDIO" ind MODULAR V! Bad move, Arturia...
« on: September 04, 2018, 01:17:08 am »
After wasting hours trying to figure out how to connect "EXTERNAL AUDIO" to MODULAR V3, Arturia told me that the feature doesn't exist anymore!!
BOOOOOO, ARTURIA....

The "answer" officially provided by Arturia: THEY REMOVED THE FEATURE. THERE IS NO "Effects" implementation of MODUAR V in V3 any more! They simple REMOVED IT, affairs
 without even teliing anybody! ANd even worse, they've left the external audio inputs on the face panel!  Having gadgets on your GUI that don't do anything is actually FRAUDULENT.

Below I've pasted in the full message from Arturia "Support." I'm certainly never going to have anything to do with Arturia again.

José (Arturia Support)
Sep 4, 00:17 CEST

Hello John

Thank you for using our instruments!

Sorry for the inconvenience but this feature has been removed in the latest version of the Modular V3, Previous versions came with a Modular V Audio Effect plug-in.

Please feel free to contact us if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

lunker

• Apprentice
Re: ARTURIA KILLS "EXTERNAL AUDIO" ind MODULAR V! Bad move, Arturia...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:53:37 am »
Interesting ... that feature is working fine for me in version 3.3.1.1782

I routed an audio track to Modular V3, and the contents of that track is present on the "Ext Left" and "Ext Right" connections in Modular V3, and can be routed to the input of any module for processing.
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
V Collection 5/6/7/8/9, Pigments, FX Collection 1/2/3
MiniLab mkII
REAPER (non commercial license)
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)

LBH

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:07 pm »
There is unfortunately no longer a Effect plugin (VSTe) like there was before Modular V3. It's needed in some DAWs to use the ext audio in feature. I need one in Studio One to use this feature.

The ext audio in feature is still in the instrument plugin (VSTi), and can be used where it's possible to somehow route audio into a instrument/ instrument track.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:00:34 pm by LBH »

Tsuchiya, Takeshi

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 07:39:23 am »
Hi LBH,
Regarding Studio One, could you tell me how can I route external audio into an instrument / instrument track?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 03:32:11 pm »
Hi LBH,
Regarding Studio One, could you tell me how can I route external audio into an instrument / instrument track?
Hello,

That depend on your DAW/ host.
You use the method your DAW have, if that method work. Unfortunately it's still not all DAW's that can do this, or have a method that work with Modular.
I don't know which DAW's that work with Modular Vs audio inputs today. I think Reaper for one does.

Here is my latest post that also include this topic: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110478.0
Quite many threads in the forum has external audio routing for different applications included.

Tsuchiya, Takeshi

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 12:35:07 pm »
Hi LBH,

Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.
And thank you for the information you provided.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 09:02:53 pm »
Hi LBH,

Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.
And thank you for the information you provided.
You are welcome.

Keep in mind, that you also have access to the external audio input in the Standalone application, if you have a soundcard that show up un the audio and midi settings setup.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines