April 19, 2024, 07:43:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Decksaver MatrixBrute Cover - Kickstarter Project  (Read 2644 times)

Decksaver

Decksaver MatrixBrute Cover - Kickstarter Project
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:11 am »
Hello synth wizards. Hope all is well.

We've had a lot of requests for an Arturia MatrixBrute cover so have started a Kickstarter project to try and get this made for you guys. We need to reach 200 backers in the next 26 days to get this behemoth of a cover into production, so please back and share the link with other users if you want to get your hands on one -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/decksaver/decksaver-arturia-matrixbrute-cover

The cover will be a super tough transparent polycarbonate shell with soft-fit inserts to protect the wooden cheeks.

Please note - the synth control panel will need to be fully reclined (in the flat position) to apply the cover. We've thought about this long and hard and it's the only way to do this without seriously compromising all that is good about our covers.

We've decided on Kickstarter projects to manufacture some of the more niche covers that we get requests for. In order to produce a new decksaver cover, expensive tooling is needed. This means it's a gamble as often the cover's sales do not recoup the outlay for the tooling and maufacture. For this reason, there are units we can't justify making a cover for as it's too much of a risk.

The idea of these Kickstarter projects is if 200 people pledge this will pay for the design, tooling, production, manufacturing costs and help our customers out by giving them a cover they really need.

The first 20 backers receive a free merch bundle (including an exclusive screenprinted Decksaver Matrixbrute shirt) if you select the 'MatrixBrute cover + Merch Bundle' reward.

All the best guys,

Decksaver.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:45:13 am by Decksaver »

Decksaver

Re: Decksaver MatrixBrute Cover - Kickstarter Project
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:22:10 am »
Hello all. As many users have stated that you only use the matrixbrute panel in an upright position, we're considering the possibility of changing the design from the flat position to the upright position. This would mean the cover could only be fitted with the panel in the highest upright position as making the cover adaptable to all positions would make the cover far far to expensive. Opinions? Which would people prefer? Please note that the cover could only be used with other flight cases if you chose the flat option. All backers will be notified of any decisions we make.

turtletheory

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 04:57:54 am »
would love to see this project get picked back up. I reckon there's a lot more Matrixbrute owners now, and seeing Arturia continue to invest and update the firmware is bound to garner more attention.

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 02:16:10 pm »
+1
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Processaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 08:44:20 pm »
8 backers out of a hoped for 200 on the last go around, I think they may have given up, unless for some reason they just wanted to make some as a personal project. A friend manages a place that vacuum forms motorcycle fenders, it’s this whole crazy industrial operation, and the forms are undoubtedly expensive to have machined, so you’d need to get the money back in quantity.

If you are handy, or well heeled, I think you could have a custom acrylic one machined out of flat sheets of acrylic, there is special glue for chemically joining the pieces together. They make terrariums and custom store displays that way.  Plastic places also have special heating elements that can soften a stripe of the acrylic and then you can bend an edge like sheet metal.

I think I’m going to try to sew a cover, that will stay on when the synth is tilted up, but will still let the cables out the top.  If that sees the light of day I’ll try to post a pattern here.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines