March 28, 2024, 08:24:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Questions about Arturia products, some of which I intend to purchase  (Read 1360 times)

tompox

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Too old for dance music, too young for musette.
    • Maquettes au kilomètre
Hey there,

Sorry if I don't post in the appropriate forum, I am new here though I've been an Arturia iApps user for some time now.

I am looking forward to buying myself a Minibrute 2S (which I know should be discussed in its own dedicated forum) in order to get properly acquainted to Modular Synthesis before I celebrate my half century birthday with a Matrix Brute.

Just in between I was  also considering the Beatstep Pro and, until I give it a try, I thought it could be a good idea to know how similar/different interacting with its sequencer is between the Minibrute 2S, the Beatstep Pro and also the iSpark/SparkLE.

Is the workflow quite similar between these (push/twiddle same controllers in the same order)?

If I really well know iSpark, how natural will it be to use the Beatstep Pro (and/or the Minibrute 2S, BTW) ?
Regarding the Beatstep Pro, I understand there will be another step required to propery learn to hook it up to sound generation devices...

Another question: At the heart of my setup, there's a Roland RC-300 Looper. This amazing piece of gear however can only work in Sync-Master mode: starting a first loop or stopping the last one will trigger other slave devices to follow in sync. Can all the aforementioned products be properly piloted from the RC-300?

How easy is it to save a complete sequence and to switch between these?

Thanks for your help.

PS: is there an Arturia *Step (Pro) product which has Bluetooth LE as well as MIDI/USB an CV?

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only
 If you gotta load or unload, go to the White Zone...

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Questions about Arturia products, some of which I intend to purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:34:18 am »
Hi tompox,

Depends on what kind of music you wanna do !

Please have a look at this very good tutorial :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRG5Z40ROI

And here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_3pnbTq26o&list=PLt1d_YWdtAZ7Ct6PpdHT4UFllPl2TfU3t

Hope this helps !
.......testing.......

tompox

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Too old for dance music, too young for musette.
    • Maquettes au kilomètre
Re: Questions about Arturia products, some of which I intend to purchase
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 05:51:49 am »
I already saw the first one which made me want a 2S, but I'll explore the other. Thanks!
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only
 If you gotta load or unload, go to the White Zone...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines