April 19, 2024, 12:59:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cue mixes, am I missing something?  (Read 9736 times)

cmackg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cue mixes, am I missing something?
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:32:26 am »
I have this idea that I can set up a mix so that only the input 3/4 show up at say, Cue 1, and I have monitor that sound separate from the sound of stuff coming in through inputs 1/2 (say those are in the main mix). Ideally, perfect world, I could have 1/2 in cue 1, 3/4 in cue 2, and then all 4 in main. Like busses on a mixer.

I've tried a few times with the knobs, and don't see anything in the manual that makes this clear.
Am I missing something?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Cue mixes, am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:54:29 am »
Hi, When using the AF in standalone with direct monitoring there is only 1 bus the inputs can go down  both cue1 and cue2 on on the same mix bus  so you will hear the same mix in each headphones .
but if used with you DAW  you can set up separate mixes and use both phone independently for cue mixing  as the cue channels have there own stereo inputs back in to the AF.

I can't see how its possible with direct monitoring/ standalone   

Hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

cmackg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:59:51 am »
That makes no sense. If the hardware has the cue switches, it is changing routing, but we have no way to access that.

Bigtim1966

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 09:54:59 pm »
Huge bump I do apologise!

Did this get answered,  I am seriously considering an audiofuse but can't see in the manual or any online review how the different cue mixes work.  As the OP asked,  I would hope that in the control centre software I can set up different mixes of the inputs for main/cue1 and cue 2 and then route them to the different output.  Is this how it works?

Also are all these three mixes available in standalone mode? or just the main mix?

Thx

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines