March 19, 2024, 05:28:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there anyone from Arturia listening and taking note here?  (Read 6059 times)

Wesslan

• Apprentice
Re: Is there anyone from Arturia listening and taking note here?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 12:48:56 pm »
Hi guys!
New on the forum and owner of BSP since the first release.  :)

I fully understand the users asking for feedback on users suggestions posted on this forum. I also understand the users saying they prefer to take their discussion to other non-official forums due to lack of committment from Arturia on the official forum, witch I find regretful.

I do not understand the position of Arturia. For example vague arguments with reference to business secrecy, that Arturia would give competitors heads-up, that no other firm therefore would give feedback on forums. Those claims from Arturia are not based in facts. There are other businesses in the sector do discuss, rather closely and frequently, with forum users their suggestions. That is a fact. And they commit to fixes in upcoming firmware. That is also a fact. As an example, I would recommend 1010 Music's user communities, my specific experience is on their product Bluebox forums https://forum.1010music.com/forum/products/bluebox-compact-digital-mixer-recorder (be adviced some parts accessible only to registered users).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:08:08 pm by Wesslan »

Wesslan

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2022, 12:58:51 pm »
A point on the more sentient side:

Apart from the facts I stated above, I am a bit surprised by the tone in Arturia official's reply's in this thread. I find the language used by them rather on the excessively sharp side, not to say aggressive or rude. Even if Arturia posts were to be true in facts, which it isn't according to my points above,  it can be forwarded in a respectful manner.

Wesslan

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2022, 01:01:19 pm »
On posting my replies above I was given an automated warning telling me that this thread is more than 120 days old.

I appreciate that, and I would be more than happy if Arturia have changed their mind since 120+ days. Although I do not find any indications that such a change in attitude has occurred.

Keep on stepping those beats, folks!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:02:54 pm by Wesslan »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2022, 01:50:16 pm »
Apart from the facts I stated above, I am a bit surprised by the tone in Arturia official's reply's in this thread. I find the language used by them rather on the excessively sharp side, not to say aggressive or rude. Even if Arturia posts were to be true in facts, which it isn't according to my points above,  it can be forwarded in a respectful manner.
Arturia haven't made any official statements in this thread. I'm not an Arturia employee: just a user, like you. I joined one day because I needed help, and decided to stay to help others, when I can.

On the previous page, I gave what I presumed were the reasons why Arturia never tell us what's on their radar. Despite someone responding to say that stance is so 'last century', it still stands true. Many manufacturers, not just Arturia, still generally do not ever publicly tell us what products or updates they plan to release before the release-date is officially announced.

Apple will be working feverishly on the iPhone 15 right now, for launch next October. There's no way they'll tell us on a public forum what spec's it's going to have.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:55:21 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Wesslan

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 08:26:39 pm »
[...]
I'm not an Arturia employee: just a user, like you. [...]

I gave what I presumed were the reasons why Arturia never tell us what's on their radar. Despite someone responding to say that stance is so 'last century', it still stands true. [...]

Apple will be working feverishly on the iPhone 15 right now, for launch next October. There's no way they'll tell us on a public forum what spec's it's going to have.

Your argument with regards to Apple is irrelevant. Firstly, the iPhone 15 release is a new tangible product, not a firmware update as is the case on this Beatstep Pro forum. Secondly and again: other musical hardware companies are taking part in their Feature requests/Wishlist forums, as I've given an example of above, and as other users have made clear in this thread (hello @ marcokelso !).

Thirdly, i find it to be true that the non-administrator users in this thread are merely asking on Arturia's participation on this forum with regards to Beastep Pro, not to reveal upcoming product releases. There is obviously a difference between the two, at least to me. It is also understandable that users expect an administrator on a forum in the domain "arturia.com" to be speaking on behalf on Arturia, especially when the administrtor is not purely administrating, such as cleaning up the forum with regards to the forum rules et cetera. Good that you that you've now made it clear that you're not, you were sort of grey area.

Finally: as an Arturia non-employee, "just a user", you are clearly not the person to make statements on Arturia's reason and whether "it still stands true". I find it to be self evident that it is up to Arturia to anounce what stands true or not when it comes to their policies and the reasons behind policies.

Apart from the above, thanks for your answer. However, I do believe I speak for all the non-administrator users in this thread when I say that we are rather asking for Arturia's voice than the Administrator's.
Keep stepping those beats, folks!

//W.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 04:14:14 pm »
Your argument with regards to Apple is irrelevant.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that, because in the context I gave, it's exactly the same.

It is also understandable that users expect an administrator on a forum in the domain "arturia.com" to be speaking on behalf on Arturia, especially when the administrtor is not purely administrating, such as cleaning up the forum with regards to the forum rules et cetera. Good that you that you've now made it clear that you're not, you were sort of grey area.

Arturia staff use naming conventions that very clearly identify them as Arturia staff. Do you really think a member of Arturia staff logs in with a public-facing handle of 'MajorFubar'? I think all Administrators are in fact Arturia staff (I'm just a volunteer mod, not admin, there's a big difference), but even that I'm not sure of. But either way, Arturia staff certainly do not use anonymous handles.

Finally: as an Arturia non-employee, "just a user", you are clearly not the person to make statements on Arturia's reason and whether "it still stands true". I find it to be self evident that it is up to Arturia to anounce what stands true or not when it comes to their policies and the reasons behind policies.//W.

<<sigh>>

The only reason I chirped-up was to manage frustrated users' expectations, like yours, based on my experience of being here for years. No disrespect but I've got food in the freezer that's been there longer than you've been here, so I've seen Arturia's 'modus operadi' several times. In the past, Arturia have reached out to this forum for volunteers to test beta versions of upcoming firmware releases, the most high-profile occasion was for the Matrixbrute. The volunteers all had to agree to an NDA. That's just the way they work. No clues, no heads-up, no giving secrets away on the forums.

Am I speaking from authority? No. Am I speaking from experience? Yes.

TLDR: don't go hanging off a cliff by your fingernails waiting for some authoritative explanation from Arturia staff detailing their business practices.

Have a nice day.
MF.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

minimaltom

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2022, 04:49:26 pm »
If anyone is listening, please make the note tie function better, it sucks

Thank you
 :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines