April 20, 2024, 01:42:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Many V Collection 6 synths not working with Automap. Any suggestions?  (Read 5169 times)

younusmogul

• Apprentice
Hi

Almost half of my Arturia synths will not work properly with Novation Automap and my Novation Zero SL MkII.

I'm using...
Ableton Live 9.7.7
Automap 4.10
Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS build 17134.228
64-bit

I'll use the Mini V3 (version 3.3.0.1391) as an example in the attached image.

None of the encoders, pots, sliders, buttons or the crossfader move any parameters in the synth. I have tried to assign the parameters to the different controls using both the learn function and manually in Automap, and they still don't move any parameters. As you can see from the attached image, the values in the Range tab for the Mini V3 parameters (and all affected parameters in this and other synths) are random numbers, unlike the values for parameters that work correctly in other V Collection 6 synths, which are whole numbers from 0.00 - 100.00 (or something similar, I don't have my Zero SL MkII plugged in at the moment)

I have tried installing different versions of Automap (4.7, 4.9, 4.11). No joy! I reinstalled Windows and all my software. Still no joy!

Novation say it's due to Automap being 32-bit, and not being compatible with my 64-bit plugins that don't offer 32-bit support.

I'm not convinced by this, since when I first got V Collection 6, I tried the Mini V3 with the Zero SL MkII and it worked fine.

I don't know what's happened since then. Maybe an update (OS, DAW or plugin) or not correctly installing something after a reinstall.

I would really appreciate and suggestions / solutions. Thanks!

LBH

Re: Many V Collection 6 synths not working with Automap. Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 02:23:09 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

This is unfortunately true.
There are issues, that should be fixed right away.
The issue is'nt consistent. For some applications everything is wrong. For others only the endless encoders does'nt work. At least for one application only faders work and so on.

There have been issues with missing paramters for a long time, but now it's really wrong. It look like a plug-in issue. Arturia please comment on this. What's going on?

There are problems for bothe VST2 and VST3.

I have a Novation SL MKII and have things working with automap before in 64 bit. Something has gone wrong now. Very annoying as automap is a great way to map lot's of parameters, because of the many pages that allow multi usage for a control.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:07:55 am »
Thanks for the welcome!

It's really frustrating! Especially since it worked properly at one point, and then all of a sudden (probably due to an update to something that is impossible to trace) it stopped!

automap is a great way to map lot's of parameters, because of the many pages that allow multi usage for a control.

Exactly! Especially with the controls that the SL MkII range offers. Separately the two (V Collection 6 and Automap / SL MkII) are so powerful. On paper (or screen  ;)) a match made in heaven. In reality... meh!

It would be really good to see Arturia and Novation do something about this.

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:32 am »
i use automap in windows 7. i tried to see how it works in windows 10, and i see the same strange numbers;

the knobs have the wrong values: the knob you let see for instance, also this works for the encoders.

the range mode must be: normal

min    0
from  0
points  128
size  1
to  127
max 127

for a push button the you must use the mode: toggle.
if you want to have a push button with more values, for instance you want the range knob of osc 1, to have under a push button, set it to mode step: min 0, from 0, points 3, size 1, to 2, max 2

on windows 10 i have only some software installed, so i cannot see what the problem is, it is strange behavior,
again: i use windows 7, with automap 11, and it works like a charm.

manually reassigning the knobs, i always clear an automap, because the map layout isn't logical.
strange the values, but i simply used maschine to load a mini v3 automap, and i saw the same values as you see, that i have never seen..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:27:13 am by ArpHowl »
cubase 9.5.30 pro, arturia collection 6, arturia spark 2 (+CDM), komplete 11 ultimate, korg collection special bundle, maschine mk3+jam, softube modular.
win 7 64 bit.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 11:36:19 am »
Oh wow! Thanks so much! That's good to know! I been battling with this for a while! I thought it was an upgrade issue.

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:29 am »
it is a strange issue, the values i get are normal.
but it isn't a real problem if you make your own template for the mini v, for instance.
there is a workaround, don't forget the save the template, and "set as default"...
cubase 9.5.30 pro, arturia collection 6, arturia spark 2 (+CDM), komplete 11 ultimate, korg collection special bundle, maschine mk3+jam, softube modular.
win 7 64 bit.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 11:55:43 am »
I have the same issue with the parameters not moving / random numbers in the range boxes when I try to create my own mappings as well!

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »
i have tried the osc 1, with automap 4.11 for the mini v only, i am on my laptop now... with a remote 49sl compact by the way, but that doesn't make a difference. it worked, the values worked bi-directional...
win 7 64 bit.

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:02 pm »
click first clear, and create the mapping you want, you get indeed the strange numbers. but set your own range, in normal mode.

so: you must make every setting yourself...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:05:49 pm by ArpHowl »
win 7 64 bit.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 12:08:07 pm »
I do exactly that. Clear first. Then I create my own mapping and set my own range values, but then it changes them back to random numbers once I tweak the controls.

What do you mean by normal mode?

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 12:13:23 pm »
in your picture you see the mode: inverted, this mode must be: normal.
win 7 64 bit.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 12:23:04 pm »
Same with that. When I change it, it reverts back when I tweak the controls!

It's really weird.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this!

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 12:28:50 pm »
very weird, i do not know, now, how to help you. i will, when i have time, take a closer look. but this is very strange behavior!
win 7 64 bit.

ArpHowl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 04:10:16 pm »
i have installed automap correctly now on my laptop, on my laptop i have maschine, reason 10 and cubase LE 9.5 (the lightest version of 9.5), on my real DAW i work with maschine, reason 10 and cubase 9.5 pro.

after installing, via automap, cubase 9.5 correctly, the parameters are correct.

it must be a problem with ableton and automap...

UPDATE: when using an automapped plugin in maschine 2.7.7 on windows 10, the parameters aren't right.

strange, it works under windows 7, i can use automap in maschine 2.7.7. not a big deal, i have an maschine mk3 and so full control.

but strange.

but i can make a template that works in maschine, so its strange. when i have the time i shall give a link to the mini v3 template i have made, for the zero, it is mapped to my wishes, but perphaps it usefull for you.

did you install ableton via the automap program? meaning, the correct procedure to couple the programs. i do not know how it works with ableton, i do not have ableton.

it looks like an ableton/win 10 problem.

that novation says, in their support, that it don't support 64 bit plugins, is bad support very bad support, for instance automap 11 was made for reason 10 and cubase 9... and they can only handle 64 bits plugins....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:20:05 pm by ArpHowl »
win 7 64 bit.

younusmogul

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 04:20:37 pm »
OK cool.

I'm going to get on to Arturia about it and see if there's anything they can do.

I really appreciate the time you've taken to help me out.

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines