March 28, 2024, 05:55:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Full screen mode and apps' aspect ratio  (Read 2031 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Full screen mode and apps' aspect ratio
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:26:15 pm »
Why since time immemorial have Arturia standalone synths been missing a full screen mode? If we want to maximise the app's screen real estate we have to p*ss about with the Resize Window menu item instead of clicking a simple maximise button. I once thought this omission was specific to just the Mac versions, but I've since seen the Windows versions in YouTube videos and they're no different.

Along the same lines, the aspect ratio of most of your apps still seem optimised for a 4x3 screen ratio like it's 1999 not nearly 2019. Consequently if one resizes an app to fill a screen's horizontal plane, about a third of the app's window drops off the bottom of the screen. I realise there are various aspect ratio standards, but if they were all optimised for 16x9, I think that would please more people than it would annoy.

At least your latest synth, Pigments, does seem optimised for a 16x9 screen, but once again, no maximise button...
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

Re: Full screen mode and apps' aspect ratio
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:47 pm »
I think that require that all elements of the application is fully scaleable. Some things are'nt or will look bad if they was set to be fully scaleable.

A full screen feature - if such is possible - will match any screen ratio and will deform the look of the application on screens that do not match the design ratios.
Also for example any pixel based graphic will have the same pixels the used image have no matter it's being scaled. So it will be fuzzy if scaled larger than it is, and perhaps create other design difficulties if scaled down.

I guess Pigments could have been made fully scaleable, unless there are something in the technical design framework that prevent this. Also it might be a design choice to have it like the other applications have to be at the moment.

One day perhaps everything in Arturias applications can be made fully scaleable and in 16x9 formt for example - or even various formats. But perhaps it will cost some on authentic look.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines