March 29, 2024, 06:16:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Backup entire device with all projects stored monolithically  (Read 1399 times)

angstrom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Backup entire device with all projects stored monolithically
« on: August 27, 2018, 02:02:55 pm »
I'd like to be able to back up my entire device, and restore the projects and device state with a single action. Not as 16 + actions.

so  if I have a live set where
Project 1 is mylivesong#1     
Project 2 is mylivesong #2   
Project 3 is mylivesong #3   
...etc
I'd like to restore that state, all the projects in order back in their project slots. and all the device settings to also be transferfed from that monolithic device backup.

Reasons:
#1: If I arrive at a gig and the BSP is non functional I need to get hold or a replacement quickly and transfer my live set to it.  That's a giant PITA if I have to do 16 projects one by one, and then set teh device state, etc.

#2: If I want to try alternative versions of my live set, or to have a studio jam I need to overwrite some or all of the existing projects. There is no version control so it's left to the user to remember "Oh yeah, I messed around with project 2, and 4, and I deleted 15 by mistake"  .   In those cases a restore of the device state to "Live Set Ready" would be very useful

as it is I'm spending a lot of time looking at a massive list of backups in the MidiControlCentre and trying to remember which one is the authoritative version of each song and how they match to the setlist. It takes hours each time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:04:58 pm by angstrom »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines