March 29, 2024, 09:46:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiDi CC  (Read 2463 times)

Volta

• Apprentice
MiDi CC
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:55:00 pm »
Hi

Are the v collection synths capable of receiving midi cc messages?
Please read further and ill explain the question.

In my daw (studio one 4) i have a vst step sequencer on an instrument track.
This step sequencer is capable of sending midi cc messages. So i set one row to trigger pitch/note and the second row to send midi cc 74 to control filter cutoff on SEM v2. The note/pitch on SEM v2 is being triggered, but nothing happens with the filter cutoff.
I also tried the CS80, ARP, Mini V3 and so on, but none are responding to cc 74.

So how can i make these synths respond to incoming midi cc messages from another vst?   
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

Re: MiDi CC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 10:36:35 pm »
Hi Volta,

If you are using Arturias VST3 plug-ins, then try the VST2s. It look like that's the problem. But i don't know if it's Arturias VST3s or Studio Ones support for VST3 that's the problem.
Does the VST2 work for you?

I think it's time for Arturia to deliever some info about their VST3 functionality.

Keep in mind i use Studio One 3.

A strange thing is, that you can get the VST3 to work live. But as soon as you use recorded material, then it does'nt work. To me it look like a Studio One issue, but i'm not sure.
However - I do feel STudio One can be unstable at times doing things like this, but i can't tell for sure. Need more testing.

Arturia can you please tell if this is about your VST3 plugins?

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:48:37 pm »
Ok. I will try with the VST2 instead. Guess ill have to remove the vst3 versions for Studio One to be able to recognize them first.

I can confirm that it works straight away with the good old korg ms20 so its a bit weird that it shouldnt work with the arturia synths aswell. Some guy at S1 forum told me its all about how things are "wired" internally" : "It's up to each developer what Control Change messages they implement and how they are connected to the VST parameters of the instrument internally"
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:09:15 am »
Ok. I tested with VST2 versions and i can confirm that its working.
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:22:30 am »
I also compared  VST2 and VST3 Avenger Vengeance plugin and it seems to be the same problem with the VST3 plugin.
VST2 works fine. It could be the way S1 handles VST3 plugins or it could be that its a general VST3 standard not implementing it.
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 12:47:29 pm »
I also compared  VST2 and VST3 Avenger Vengeance plugin and it seems to be the same problem with the VST3 plugin.
VST2 works fine. It could be the way S1 handles VST3 plugins or it could be that its a general VST3 standard not implementing it.
I can confirm this. Can't say why it's like that. Don't know if it's the same in for example cubase.

FYI: Even if Arturia have synths where there are only one cutoff filter, and that's premapped to use the standard MIDI CC#74 for cutoff, then you can change that MIDI CC, if you wish to do so.

There are applications that have multiple cutoff parameters, but only one of them can be premapped to use CC#74. For example Modular V have up to 3 filters that each has cutoff parameters and CS-80 has 4 cutoff parameters.

Not all synths have MIDI CC#74 applied for cutoff by default, no matter it's software or hardware synths.

CC#74 is'nt a reserved parameter in Arturias applications.

BTW: You do know some of Arturias synths like for example SEM V has many sequenced modulation possibilties?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:32:33 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines