March 28, 2024, 05:31:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A way to play the pads in MUTE or SOLO mode?  (Read 4481 times)

Grrrr

• Apprentice
A way to play the pads in MUTE or SOLO mode?
« on: August 20, 2018, 03:48:10 pm »
Hey!

Is there a way to play the pads when in MUTE or SOLO mode? Like doing fills etc. I was hoping that pressing and holding down MUTE or SOLO button would be the thing that makes the pads selectable. And otherwise they would be playable. I can't get it to work or find a way around this limitation. Any suggestions?

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
Re: A way to play the pads in MUTE or SOLO mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:58:40 pm »
Playing the pads doesn't work as they are used to turn on and off the solo or mute bit then. If you hold shift and then press a pad you can switch between sequencer tracks that way tho.
Veganism rules.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:34:45 am »
Hi Grrrr and svmcwd,
as mentioned in the manual , page 40 , section 4.1.4.3,

yes you can still play with the muted parts, there is a setting for this, available in MIDI CONTROL CENTER, in device settings panel.
this setting is called mute/solo : toggle or latch mode.
default setting is on TOGGLE, as you both noticed, when pressing mute, you can mute tracks
if you set it on latch, activating mute (or solo) will give you the ability to freely play on muted parts. you enter mute, select the tracks you want to be muted. Then if you press mute again, mute button will blink, instruments will be muted , but you can freely play with them.
No hardware shortcut  for this, therefore i strongly recommend that you install the MIDI CONTROL CENTER, if not already done.
you can get the MIDI CONTROL CENTER here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

hope this helps,
best,

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:20:06 pm »
Ah, so that's what this latch is about. I really wish Arturia quit making an OS dependent software part of their analog synth products, it's easy enough to implement the entire settings the software is used for in the hardware itself. For example by holding this and that while powering on and key/button combinations and more. That'd give all of those hardware products a much better workflow. I mean, sometimes you also want to change a setting Arturia decided to use the software for within a live performance, and it'd be cool if all that worked without a computer.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:43:17 pm by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:13 pm »
yes i totally understand this kind of need, and like the idea of holding this and that while powering up the unit.
anyway, this is hard spec decisions to take, prototype, test etc... but i'll discuss this fact
don't know what will de done here though.
cheers,

BruteJack

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:26 pm »
How do I get mute to toggle?

I don't wish to register or give my private details to Arturia, and I don't have a Mac or Windows.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 01:14:36 pm »
Hi Brutejack,
sorry but it needs MIDI CONTROL CENTER software and a computer to do this.
About registering and so on, your choice is understandable, but you can rest assured, you don't have to register or activate anything if you want to download the midi control center, available here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
but of course, it will be complicated if you have no computer.

cheers,
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:19:41 pm by Germain.arturia »

TMavis

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 06:50:47 pm »
I agree with svmcwd. I need to toggle off local control and I don't hook up the DrumBrute Impact to a computer via USB. Also, I would like to change mute mode so I can play other drums when in mute mode. Having to hook up the DrumBrute Impact to a computer via USB just to change some basic functionality is very much a pain.

Also, on a side note, your verification on your website for everything is a big pain as I often get it wrong and have to make many attempts.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:53:23 pm by TMavis »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines