March 28, 2024, 09:31:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Playable pads in MUTE and SOLO mode  (Read 1244 times)

Grrrr

• Apprentice
Playable pads in MUTE and SOLO mode
« on: August 20, 2018, 03:44:28 pm »
First of all: what a awesome machine at a good price point! Instabuy!

Here is something that I stumbled upon when I was performing with the Impact: You can't play snare fills, tom fills, variations etc while in mute-mode or solo-mode. This seems like a waste of creativity. If I mute the snare for example I would love to be able to throw in a few fills manually by hand.

Suggested solution: hold down MUTE or SOLO to select which pads that should be affected by MUTE and SOLO. And when mute/solo is not depressed one can play all the pads live in both mute- and solo mode.Holding down Mute/Sole to select select and deselect pads would not be a problem at all. That workflow would still be fast and versatile.

Looking forward to an update! Looking forward to have this machine become even more versatile.

EDIT: found the latch/toogle mode. I still suggest the above solution as a third option (call it "Hold"?). The latch-mode is too constricting since it won't memorize mute/solo groups and I find it a bit counter intuitive to. Turning on/of is not very fast. Why not simple hold down MUTE/SOLO to be able to select and deselect pads? Beautiful simplicity that can be remembered even at the most chaotic gig :) And turning on/off groups would be instant! Holding down mute/solo does nothing atm, so it should be easy to ad as an option. Please!

All the best!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:06:51 pm by Grrrr »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Playable pads in MUTE and SOLO mode
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:04:49 am »
Hi Grrr,
glad you found the toggle/latch mode :)
ok i understand the request, let's log this.
Cheers,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines