March 29, 2024, 01:35:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random Midi output  (Read 3515 times)

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
Random Midi output
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »
I bought one of these for my friend this week.  He said sometimes there is random midi playing without touching the keys.  He’s using a 2017 MacBook Pro with Quad i7, running Mac OS 10.13.4
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Random Midi output
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:57 am »
Hi,

Not much I can do without knowing which CC/Note is being bleed by the KLMK2. If you could provide me this information it will help. On OSX you can use MIDI Monitor to monitor the output of the KLMK2.

Regards,

Matthieu

scolacur

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:18:47 pm »
I'm having the same problem. MIDI monitor is showing MIDI messages continually being sent from the controller even when I'm not touching it. It seems to happen especially often after I move a fader. But it's happened with notes before as well.

Were you able to fix the issue?

Zoftware

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 12:30:01 am »
Same problem in Logic where the KeyLab just seems to spit out eternal Channel Pressure on Ch 1 and there seems to be no way to stop it. Any solutions?

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 02:42:13 am »
I should have checked here again.  I bought a unit thinking my friend's issue was isolated.  Now I'm having the same problem with mine.  The screen was flashing so fast that I could not tell how many parameters were glitching.  I definitely saw the word "resonance".  Are the faders causing this?  Is it fixable with firmware update?
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

nico herz

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:08:46 am »
hi,

a similar problem here, win 7, studio one 4 (keylab 61 mk2 firmware 1.0.10.23). to be precise, as soon as the necessary mackie control device is added and connected with the midiin2/midiout2 ports, as soon as i play a note without any aftertouch, keylab 61 mk2 sends aftertouch (aftertouch 1-5) messages on the assigned mackie control ports for a while - then it stops.

ps: being forced to fill out a captcha and the two additional questions is a nogo - it just annoys as hell. and i'm i a lot of forums.

The Dookie

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 03:08:56 pm »
Exact issues here. Random MIDI messages being sent, especially after I move a slider. Doesn't matter if which software I'm using. I actually have to put the Keylab 61 MKII into USER mode to actually use it as a semi-reliable controller. It's not even reliable enough to use as an interface for the Analog Lab software. Using a brand new Windows-based system. Happens using stand-alone Analog Lab, Live 11, and Gig Performer so it's not the computer or software. Everything points to a firmware issue. Extraordinarily frustrated.

- Andrew

The Dookie

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 03:18:34 pm »
I have just entered a support request to have this issue looked at. Do we have faulty devices? As I now know that others have this issue, is there a fix for it. If this were occurring in EVERY device, I think we'd see a much larger pool of support requests. I hope I can get this issue resolved. I can't even use the keyboard now.

Jaandlu

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 09:38:21 pm »
I am also having this kind of issue. I hit one note and it scrolls out a huge list of midi messages.

Basically, it is Note On C2 111 then AfterTouch 22 about 4 times. Then note off C 2 90 and then it does AfterTouch 22 several time before switching to AfterTouch 21 a few times then AfterTouch  19 and so on down to 17. Then it just stops. Not even sure if it is an issue or not.

Handerre

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 05:50:17 pm »
I have a similar issue with my sliders, and it seems the problem is that they are way too sensitive. A gentle tap on the keyboard can result in sliders picking up movement and therefor sending new midi messages. I'm planning on using this for live performances but now I'm afraid these unwanted midi messages can mess up my sounds while playing. Using "Hook" and "Pickup" fader modes help to reduce the problem, but I wish the problem was not there to begin with

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines