April 19, 2024, 08:04:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Having an issue MKII 49 not playing Kontak sounds in Logic Pro X  (Read 861 times)

dpasqa

• Apprentice
I am having this issue and wonder if anyone else experiences this. In Logic I create a software synth track with NI Komplete Kontak New York Grand Piano plugin for example. I can play and record the track without issue. But when I close and save the song and later reopen it, the Kontak track seems to load but when I play the keyboard there is no sound. All my other software synth’s work properly but for some reason the NI Komplete tracks behave this way and I have to re-add the plug-in in order to continue recording the song. Has any of you experienced this? Can anyone think of a reason this would happen.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Having an issue MKII 49 not playing Kontak sounds in Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 12:57:59 pm »
Welcome

This sounds more like an NI bug than an issue with your KL MKII, or I'm misunderstanding the problem.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

dpasqa

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 01:30:18 pm »
Prior to buying the MKIi49 I was using a Prophet 6 to control plugins in Logic. This never occurred with the Prophet but with the MKII this problem has surfaced. I can’t imagine the technology that would cause this but this is the case since I switched to the MK. Nothing else has changed, only the controller is different. In fact when I pull up an old project created with the Prophet 6 as the controller I can’t play any of the plugins with the MK. Furthermore the on the templates I created using the Prophet 6 the same thing occurs. A controller should only send and receive MIDI data, it shouldn’t affect anything else in the DAW but in this case it does. I hope this explains my problem a little better. I am at a loss. I could live without the NI plugins, lord knows the Arturia V collection has enough plugins but the piano plugins with NI are far superior to those in the V collection.

dpasqa

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 02:00:03 pm »
Well I guess I’m wrong. I reduced this to its simplest elements. I removed the MK and the V collection from the equation. I turned off the keyboard and created a new project with only the NI piano as well as other NI plugins. They played ok but when I closed and reopened the v-keyboard didn’t play sounds. I sold my NI package and deactivated my NI software but it still worked in Logic. Something changed, maybe a recent apple update and the NI instruments can not be recalled after you close the project. Sorry for posting, I should have done this test earlier.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines