April 20, 2024, 02:08:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stop setting in MIDI Control Center help  (Read 1342 times)

mrhooks

• Apprentice
Stop setting in MIDI Control Center help
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:43:50 am »
I connected the Keystep to a Korg Monologue to play around with the arpeggiator.  I noticed that pressing Stop on the Keystep changes the Monologue's VCO 2 waveform to Noise.  I have never used MIDI before.  In order to get this behavior to stop, would I just change the CC value to something unused, or is there a specific value I need to set it to, in order not to break the functionality of the Stop button?  I don't think I'd ever use it for anything other than stopping the Keystep's arp or sequencer.

I believe that is the only control that behaves strangely.  The Mod Strip doesn't work, but I'm assuming that's because the Monologue doesn't have a Mod Wheel, and I need to assign it to LFO Intensity or something.  I guess I just need to find the right CC value?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Stop setting in MIDI Control Center help
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:34:00 am »
Change the CC's sent by the transport controls to transmit CC124: Omni Off.  This remove nearly any unwanted CC changes from happening when you hit play or stop.  The only time it will interfere is if you want an instrument to respond to every MIDI channel it receives as it tell MIDI instruments to turn off "Omni mode", which is where an instrument will respond to every message on every channel.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines