March 28, 2024, 11:34:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How fair is Arturias technological concept?  (Read 3249 times)

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
How fair is Arturias technological concept?
« on: August 14, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »
Hi, just out of curiosity I dare to ask: how much does Arturia strive for the best possible fairness in the design and manufacturing of their hardware products? Does Arturia take all possible steps to avoid all kinds of slave and child labor, unfair vages and bad working conditions wherever possible, or does Arturia not care at all? Or something inbetween?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:03:02 pm by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: How fair is Arturias technological concept?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 05:55:26 am »
Bottom of my Arturia hardware all says "Made In China" but that has no bearing on the ethics of the manufacturing process.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:27:48 pm »
In other words: nobody knows, and also nobody from Arturia cares?
Veganism rules.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:56:44 am »
If you want to look at it like that, then yup, that's how it is.  You know if you are worried you can buy stuff on Tindie and Esty, the latter being a market site where everything is hand made by the artisan selling it.  There are some very nice hand made synths and synth modules on those sites that were made on demand by some really attentive Chinese creative types.  If you want to go deep you could delve into the ethics of the companies that manufacture the components used in the synths you buy....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:33:40 pm »
It's not really a forum question, it's more of a question best directed at Arturia.
Bare in mind though, they can only verify to a certain degree, as with any manufacturer.
Most of the keybeds are from Fatar or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays, and Fatar manufactures keybeds for a host of companies, in the same way that Samick does for many guitar companies.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

PaulsGotGAS

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
Not trying to disrespect a fair question here. But I tried saving the world until I was around 40 years old, when I realized that I had wasted the only life I will ever live pursuing an impossible dream, regardless of my good intentions. There was no benefit to me adding to the world's problems by constantly shifting peoples' thoughts from happy pursuits to crimes against humanity and the falling sky.

At this point I can only try to improve the world by adding some beauty to it through music. Arturia helps to make this possible, and I'm grateful for that. That's an improvement over the past where average mediocre musicians like myself couldn't accomplish that much. China is a ruthless communist dictatorship where one billion human lives are lived under the intimidating eyes of Big Brother, when their government allows them to continue living at all. To me, worrying about labor practices there is kind of like focusing on the cleanliness of a home that is populated by a large family of crazed, violent drug addicts.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 04:12:27 pm »
At this point I can only try to improve the world by adding some beauty to it through music. Arturia helps to make this possible, and I'm grateful for that.

Boom!!!
Mic Drop!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:33:26 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines