March 29, 2024, 02:35:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with MIDI-Mapping and Bitwig  (Read 2518 times)

zorix

Problem with MIDI-Mapping and Bitwig
« on: July 13, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »
Hello,

I just opened my Arturia KeyLab 61 Essential and discovered that one knob is missing.  ::) ...but that is not my main problem.

I installed the Arturia Software Center and MIDI-Control-Center, plugged the Keylab into my notebook via USB and opened Bitwig Studio 2.3.4. In the Settings/Controllers tab, I hit the button "auto-detect", but no device was detected. ...so I added it manually and chose "Arturia KeyLab Essential 61 DAW-In".
The preset isn't working. When I hit the transport knobs on the KeyLab notes are playing, One of the Controlknobs is triggering record, another one is triggering start/stop.

So the mapping is a complete mess. I looked in the MIDI-Control-Center and the device settings show nothing wrong. DAW mode is Mackie Control...

Please let me know what is wrong with my keylab.

Thanks,
David

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Problem with MIDI-Mapping and Bitwig
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:31:35 am »
Hi,

This is how to setup your Keylab Essential with Bitwig :

• Add a generic MIDI Keyboard and chose Arturia Keylab Essential 49 (not the DAW port here, the first one),
  • Add a Mackie - MCU PRO and select Arturia Keylab Essential DAW In/Out for both Input and Output port

Get back to me if this does not solve your issue. For your missing knobs, do not hesitate to contact our support services, they will send you one spare.

Regards,

Matthieu

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines