April 19, 2024, 09:17:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New To Spark 2 - Velocity and Dynamics Control Question  (Read 1349 times)

moonchunk

New To Spark 2 - Velocity and Dynamics Control Question
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:07:20 am »
I have been going through a number of the sounds, and maybe I'm doing something wrong or missing something.  I know that sometimes in drum machines there is little dynamics, but not always.  I'm a Geist and Guru user from way back, and I'm very use to editing grooves by using a lot of velocity variation.  But now that I have spark 2, I can't figure out the rhyme or reason of why the pattern velocities are not affecting the actual volume of the sounds.  In the "velocity" part of the automation lane, if I get down to the one-to-two bar of level, the sound does indeed start to go away, but above that it gets loud right away, and a crazy dip in velocity is barely noticeable in playback.  I assumed this was only one sound, so I loaded a bunch more and they all do this.  They don't respond to velocity in a groove the way I'm used to.  Is there a way to go into the modular environment and make the velocity be more of an influence to the actual loudness of output?  Or is there a certain type of instrument that has this issue, that I can avoid (if you guys tell me how to steer clear of them?)

Bless you all, keep up the music work. 

TheDoctor

• Apprentice
Re: New To Spark 2 - Velocity and Dynamics Control Question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 11:30:00 am »
Hi, did you try to check in the preference if you have velocity disable? You can also turn on/off by holding shift+step 16(I believe).
Also check if in the accent mode(which will put the velocity at 127)  maybe you have all the step on as layout. You can click "accent" on the software or hold shift+step 12

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines