March 29, 2024, 09:39:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Silent gap when changing patterns and Tempo issues  (Read 1796 times)

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
Silent gap when changing patterns and Tempo issues
« on: August 12, 2018, 09:49:48 pm »
Hi,

my Minibrute 2S has the latest firmware (1.0.18) and there are a few issues:

1. When changing patterns, either manually or when being chained, there is an audible gap of silence. It seems to especially effect the second oscillator. How does that even happen on an analogue synth where just the sequencer is digital?

2. When chaining patterns, at the start of each pattern their name is shown. Generally that's fine, if it wouldn't also keep me from adjusting the tempo during a performance. As it is now, the tempo can only be changed while the pattern name isn't shown, including chained patterns. Could that be changed so it is more live situation friendly? Because it's really annoying the way it's now.

3. I don't know how others relate to this, but for me it absolutely sucks how the 2S will always switch on at a preset tempo of 120.0 BPM. I'd strongly prefer if it loaded the settings of the pattern in question, including the correct BPM. Even if it defaults to the first pattern. Also, wouldn't it be much more practical if it loaded the pattern which was last used, instead of defaulting to anything at all? Could that be changed, too, for the sake of uncomplicated happiness?

Other than that I absolutely love the machine, just if you could please, please change those annoyances so they won't bother me anymore.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:04:31 pm by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Silent gap when changing patterns and Tempo issues
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:28:18 pm »
Hi svmcwd,

1. I'm really unable to reproduce your gap problem. Do you have exact steps to reproduce this issue ?
2. You're right BPM isn't displayed when a pattern is currently loaded even if you move the main wheel. I've added your feature request here.
3. There's a known issue here Pattern A1 tempo isn't recalled properly when global tempo is off. We will try to fix that in the next update.

Hope it helps
Thanks for your feedback
.......testing.......

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
Re: Silent gap when changing patterns and Tempo issues
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:40 am »
1. I'm really unable to reproduce your gap problem. Do you have exact steps to reproduce this issue ?

Somehow I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior either. Strange, because it definitely happened a few times. I returned the 2S today as my lusting for another Microbrute and the Drumbrute Impact won within the test period, but if anything returns to my mind which could be helpful I'll let you know.
Veganism rules.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines