March 28, 2024, 12:56:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: All pads or incoming MIDI produce the same pitch  (Read 1384 times)

MrWizdelz

• Apprentice
All pads or incoming MIDI produce the same pitch
« on: September 01, 2018, 04:33:13 am »
I just bought a used Minibrute 2S. My issue is that all pads produce the same pitch, all internal sequences play the same pitch (though correct timing information), and when sending MIDI from an external device (Cubase), pitch information is not recognized. However, sending CV (Korg SQ-1) works fine. I've updated the firmware. I'm starting with the default patch from the manual. I don't have a user scale selected or anything. I would consider myself a fairly experienced synth user, but I'm at a loss here. I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, since he claims he only used the device several times (and it did still have the protective plastic over the screen). What am I missing here? Is it possible I have a faulty unit? The manual doesn't mention anything about a Factory Reset, so I'm really at a loss here.

MrWizdelz

• Apprentice
Re: All pads or incoming MIDI produce the same pitch
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 05:34:58 pm »
So thanks to another thread on this forum, I saw that there IS a way to do the factory reset. And doing that finally fixed my issue. Not really sure what was happening there in the first place. But it would've been really nice to mention the factory reset in the manual. It would've saved me many hours of frustration, trying all kinds of crazy things to troubleshoot this.

For reference, to do the factory reset, you have to press SAVE, COPY, PASTE, and ERASE buttons at the same time while the unit is off and then turn it on while those buttons are still pressed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines