March 29, 2024, 01:46:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change the general MIDI send Channel  (Read 5481 times)

CologneKeys

Change the general MIDI send Channel
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:37:09 pm »
Hi folks,
I want to control an MOFX8 by a MIDI Controller Keyboard. Therefore the controller must have the opportunity not only to send on all 16 MIDI Channels (something obligate) but also to change the global MIDI send channel in seconds with 1 click. Would this be possible with KeyLab Mk II?? (in Keylab Mk I it is NOT possible and that's a shame!)
Regards
Christoph

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Change the general MIDI send Channel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:04 am »
Hi,

Pressing MIDI CH button + one of the sixteen correspondive key will change the global/user midi channel (every control that are set to "USER" will follow that channel).

Regards,

Matthieu

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:24:22 pm »
But it's not possible to change the MIDI channel that the Analog Lab mode sends on, right? It's hard coded to Ch 1?

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:39:31 am »
Hi,

Yes, on Analog Lab Mode, channel is hard coded to CH1.

Regards,

Matthieu

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:09:25 am »
Thanks, Matthieu.

Is there any chance this could be configurable in a future firmware update? I ask because while this is great for a single-controller setup, once you add a few more, it's not long before you have two controllers that are both hard-coded to MIDI Ch 1, or – as in my case - you have one with Ch 1 as the default, and while you can change the default, it needs to be changed every time the keyboard is turned on again.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 02:45:11 pm »
Hi,

I have a Keylab 61 MkII, Analog Lab 4 and a GSI Gemini-rack.
I would like to use the Keylab with the option 'analog lab' for Analog Lab 4 and with the option 'user' for the GSI Gemini.
When I choose the option 'analog lab' I only hear the sounds of the Analog Lab 4 which is good.
But when I use the option 'user' (with i.e. midi channel 11) I still hear the sounds of Analog Lab 4.
Is there a trick with which I can eliminate the keyboard for Analog Lab 4 and use it just the GSI Gemini when I choose the option 'user'?

Cheers!

ricodway

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »
Thanks, Matthieu.

Is there any chance this could be configurable in a future firmware update? I ask because while this is great for a single-controller setup, once you add a few more, it's not long before you have two controllers that are both hard-coded to MIDI Ch 1, or – as in my case - you have one with Ch 1 as the default, and while you can change the default, it needs to be changed every time the keyboard is turned on again.

I also would like this.  I just bought the Arturia Keylab mkII and realized I cannot take advantage of Analog Mode unless I keep the Arturia on Channel 1, which then knocks one of my older MIDI controllers locked to channel 1 out of the lineup.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 09:19:42 pm »
Hi,

I have a Keylab 61 MkII, Analog Lab 4 and a GSI Gemini-rack.
I would like to use the Keylab with the option 'analog lab' for Analog Lab 4 and with the option 'user' for the GSI Gemini.
When I choose the option 'analog lab' I only hear the sounds of the Analog Lab 4 which is good.
But when I use the option 'user' (with i.e. midi channel 11) I still hear the sounds of Analog Lab 4.
Is there a trick with which I can eliminate the keyboard for Analog Lab 4 and use it just the GSI Gemini when I choose the option 'user'?

Cheers!
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The Global Midi Channel setting in the latest Analog Lab does'nt seem to have any effect. All settings is OMNI.
I suggest you contact Arturia support about this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines